I am searching for Archibald Elliott's siblings, parents, cousins, etc. He was born about 1815 in SC, married in 1836 in Tuscaloosa Co., AL to Mary Ann Allen, and lived in Chickasaw Co., MS in 1850. He disappears from the family by the 1860 census and his wife, Mary Ann Allen Elliott, married in 1856 to Richard Burk in Tuscaloosa Co., AL.
Archibald and Mary Ann had the following children: 1. George P. Elliott - born in 1838 in AL and only found on the 1850 Chickasaw Co., MS census.
2. Martha J. Elliott - born about 1841 in AL and only found on the 1850 Chickasaw Co., MS census.
3. Andrew J. Elliott - born about 1844 in AL and only found on the 1850 Chickasaw Co., MS census.
4. William F. Elliott - born about 1845 in AL. He was found on the 1850 Chickasaw Co., MS census and the 1860 Tuscaloosa Co., AL census in the home of his step-father Richard Burk.
5. Eliza and/or Louisa Elliott - born about 1851 in AL or MS and found on the 1860 Tuscaloosa Co., AL census in the home of her step-father Richard Burk, and on the 1870 census in Tuscaloosa Co., AL in the home of Richard Burk.
6. Asa Toby Elliott - born in 1853 in AL or MS and found on the 1860 Tuscaloosa Co., AL census in the home of his step-father Richard Burk, 1870 census in Tuscaloosa Co., AL in the home of Richard Burk, 1880 census married to Sarah Catherine Simpson in Hale Co., AL and living with Samuel Thompson's family.
Asa was married at least two other times and had a total of five known children:
a. Welthea A. Elliott (aka Weltha, Welsie, Welsey, Welsa, Wilsie). She married James Albert Largin, son of James Thomas Largin and Permelia Frances Ray. Welsy's mother was Rebecca Jane Reed, daughter of David Reed and Mary Ann Williams. After Asa and Jane divorced, Jane married William Simpson Vines and went on to have several more children.
b. Mary Louisa Elliott. Mary's mother was Amanda Thompson, daughter of Henry Thompson and Eliza Ward. It is unknown what happened to Amanda by the 1880 census, Mary is living with her grandmother. Mary married Daniel Webster Dockery.
The following three children were between Asa Elliott and Sarah Catherine Simpson:
c. Martha Narcissus Elliott (1883-1964) married Joseph Andrew Hallmon, son of Jacob David Hallmon and Sinah Elizabeth Hughes.
d. Archibald Ezekiel Elliott (1888-1945) married Minnie Elizabeth Creel, daughter of Joss Creel and Janie Lee Pettus.
e. Margaret Adaline Elliott (1891-1948) married William Howard Hobson, son of Joseph Colen Hobson and Nancy Ann "Nannie" Golden.
All of Asa's children remained in Alabama.
I have more information I am willing to share. Please email me if Archibald is in your family tree or you are descended from this family. I would love more information on Archibald and Mary Ann's children, as well as their ancestors.
Archibald and Mary Ann are my ggg grandparents. Asa Toby and Sarah Catherine are my gg grandparents. Margaret and William Howard are my great grandparents.