If anyone has information about the following Elrod family, please respond to this post. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. If you prefer to respond privatley, please do.
Josiah/Joseph Elrod b. 1827-1830 SC, d. 1874-1880 Auralia District, Lumpkin Co., GA,
(m/ 8/31/1851 Lumpkin Co., GA),
Elizabeth Woody b. 1835-1837 NC, d. 1880-1900 probably Lumpkin Co., GA.
They had 8 Children who were b. Lumpkin Co., GA.
1. Jemima "Adeline" Elrod b. 1852 d. 1910-1920 probably Lumpkin Co., GA (m/ after 1880 probably Lumpkin Co., GA ?), had 4 children 1880-1900.
2. Jesse "Jess" W. Elrod b. 1854 d. 4/20/1923 Lumpkin Co., GA (m/ 1882 Amanda "Manda" probably Lumpkin Co., GA), had no known children.
3. Samuel "Sam" W. Elrod b. 7/1855 d. Bet. 1920 - 1930 probably in Dahlonega, Lumpkin Co., GA (m/ 1883 probably Lumpkin Co., GA Mary M. Adams ), had 6 children.
4. James Washington Elrod (my ancestor) b. 5/30/1860 d. 10/14/1938 Gainesville, Hall Co., GA (m/ 5/16/1886 Lumpkin Co., GA Harriett "Hattie" C. Adams), had 8 children.
5. Susan Elrod b. 1867 d. after 1880, unknown spouse & children.
6. Mary Elrod b. 1/1870 d. after 1880, unknown spouse & children.
7. Amanda Elrod b. Bet. 6/17/1870 - 12/31/1871 d. Bet. 12/12/1888 - 1894 Lumpkin Co., GA (m/ 12/12/1888 Lumpkin Co., GA William "Bill" Pruitt Adams), had no known children.
8. Milton Elrod b. 1875 d. Bet. 1880 - 1900 probably Lumpkin Co., GA, unknown spouse & children.
I believe that Elizabeth Woody had a brother named Commadore D. Woody and (possibly) a sister named Tennessee Jane Woody.
Commadore Woody married Sara Ann Elrod 4/17/1851 in Lumpkin Co., GA, and then after Commadore's death in 1863, Sara Ann married Jonathan Andrew Hollifield on 1/21/1866 in Lumpkin, GA.
Tennessee Jane Woody married Peter Elrod between 1860-1861, possibly in Murray Co., GA.
James Washington Elrod's family is in Auraria, Auralia District, Lumpkin Co., GA from at least 1851 until between 1900-1910. In 1910 they are in District 156, Mosey Creek District, White Co., GA.
In 1920-1930, they are in Tom Bell District, Hall Co., GA. In 1938 James Washington Elrod died in 411th District, Rt. 6, Gainesville, Hall Co., GA and his wife, Harriett "Hattie" C. Adams died in 1953 in Gainesville, Hall Co., GA. Their children lived in Lumpkin Co., GA, Hall Co., GA, DeKalb Co., GA, Greenville Co., SC, and Knox Co., TN.