Seeking info about parents of Elizabeth Erwine Schoonover living in Stillwater, Sussex County, NJ, and probably born there. Her husband Joseph Schoonover is my 3rd G-Grandfather.Joseph and Elizabeth moved from NJ to Comstock, Kalamazoo County, Michigan about 1835-1837.Hope you can connect some of the following family facts.
Joseph Schoonover, DOB 14 March 1791, DOD 13 July 1843, Comstock, MI
Elizabeth (Erwine) Schoonover, DOB 1 Jan 1794, DOD 16 May 1875, Vicksburg, MI.Marriage occurred in Stillwater, NJ.DOM about 1817-1818.All 9 children born in Stillwater, Sussex County, New Jersey.
1. Locy Schoonover, DOB 12 Dec 1818, DOD 6 Sep 1896, Easton, WI
a. Marriage to Elizabeth Brown, DOM 4 Feb 1843, MI
2. Cornelius Schoonover, DOB 24 Jan 1820, DOD 20 Aug 1823, Stillwater, NJ
a. Died at age 3 in Stillwater, Sussex County, NJ
3. Joseph Henry Schoonover, DOB 12 Jan 1822, DOD 22 April 1899, Vicksburg, MI
a. Marriage to Henrietta Marie Casselman, DOM 23 Apr 1859, Bronson, MI
4. Rebecca (Schoonover) Kimber, DOB 3 Oct 1823, DOD (?)
a. Marriage to Nathaniel J. Kimber, DOM about 1857, MI
5. George Schoonover, DOB 6 Aug 1825, DOD 19 Feb 1894, Berrien Co., MI
a. Marriage to Roxey Yerington, DOM 9 Mar 1856, Hagar, MI
6. Mary (Schoonover) Burke, DOB 1828, DOD 8 July 1905, Brady Twp, MI
a. Marriage to John Burke, DOM (?)
7. Margaret (Schoonover) Carr,DOB 27 Nov 1830, DOD
a. Marriage to Carr, DOM (?)
8. John W. Schoonover, DOB 9 Aug 1833, DOD 16 Jan 1863, Washington, DC
a. KIA Civil War, wounded in 2nd Battle of Bull Run, VA, died of wounds.
9. Susan Jane (Schoonover) Kimber, DOB 17 Nov 1835,DOD 29 April 1900, Kalamazoo Twp, MI
a. Marriage to Samuel Kimber, DOM 24 Oct 1858, Kalamazoo, MI
Note:All family members except Locy, Cornelius and John W. Schoonover were believed to have died in Michigan, specifically in or around the towns of Comstock, Schoolcraft, and Vicksburg, MI.