Help! I'm looking for Parmelia/Pamelia/Permelia ----, b. Mass. 1804, d. Keeseville, Essex Co., N.Y. 2 April 1866, a Presbyterian (in New England, this means Congregationalist). Her husband David D. Everest, (Addison, Vermont 28 Dec. 1799-Keeseville 14 Nov. 1863, son of Lt. Benjamin & Martha "Patty" [Fuller] Everest), was presumably unm. in his father's household, Addison, in June 1820. He must have married Parmelia ---- in late 1820 to mid-1821; by early 1822 they were at Milton where David D. Everest had settled with two older brothers (Benjamin F. Everest, 1787-1830, =Eunice ----, Mass. 1791/93-Milton 1852; and Harry Everest, 1796-1870, =Philenda Ashley, Elizabeth [Mitchell] Lyon).
Children of David D. & Parmelia (----) Everest:
1. Unnamed son, d. Milton 2 Feb. 1822 ae. 4 days. Bur. Milton Village Cem. next to an "adopted son" of Roswell Smith (c1792-1840) and wife Mary ---- (c1790-1842).
2. Antoinette M. Everest, b. Milton ca.1823-25, d. Keeseville 26 Feb. 1892 "ae. 66:0:26" (but ae. 5-10 in 1830 census); m. Essex Co. NY by 5 Jan. 1846 William Burr[itt] Parkill of Essex, NY, later of Keeseville. They had 6 or 7 children; all died in infancy save for two boys who drowned in 1866, ae. 13 and 9, in the Ausable River.
3. Charles M. Everest, b. prob. Milton ca. 25 Dec. 1826, d. Port Kent, Essex Co., N.Y. 4 Jan. 1839 ae. 12:0:22. He and younger bro. Eugene are bur. in the Port Kent Cem. next to Roswell and Mary (---) Smith noted above.
4. Helen Armenia Everest, b. Milton ca. 6 June 1832 (calc.), d. Keeseville 20 Nov. 1878 of cancer ae. 46:5:14; m. ca. 1850 Albert Rice (ca. 1822/3-15 Feb. 1881 ae. 58) of Port Kent and Keeseville.
5. Eugene E. Everest, b. Port Kent ca. 13 May 1838, d. there 4 June 1840 ae. 2:0:22, bur. next to bro. Charles M. Everest and Roswell & Mary (----) Smith, Port Kent.
6. Eugenia Rachael Everest, b. Port Kent 12 Aug. 1839, d. Montclair, NJ 14 June 1928; m. Keeseville 29 Dec. 1863 George Follett of Burlington, Vt., b. there 29 May 1830, d. Brooklyn, NY 1 Aug. 1800, son of TImothy Jr. & Loraine (Adams) Follett (my great-grandparents).
7. Josephine L. Everest, b. Port Kent ca. 3 April 1842, d. Keeseville 21 May 1861 ae. 19:1:18, of something long and lingering acc. to the Essex Co. Republican of 23 May 1861 which talked about salvation but not survivors.
According to Antoinette's 1892 death record, "complete maiden name of mother" was given as "Pamelia C" but we have no means of knowing if this was another given name used as a middle name, or a maiden surname.According to Antoinette's 1892 death record, "complete maiden name of mother" was given as "Pamelia C" but we have no means of knowing if this was another given name used as a middle name, or a maiden surname.
In my work on this family I have gathered substantially more than in the account on p. 191 of Winifred Lovering Holman's excellent work on the family (DESCENDANTS OF ANDREW EVEREST OF YORK, MAINE) (1955).In my work on this family I have gathered substantially more than in the account on p. 191 of Winifred Lovering Holman's excellent work on the family (DESCENDANTS OF ANDREW EVEREST OF YORK, MAINE) (1955).Parmelia (----) Everest is my matrilineal great-grandmother. Any help you can provide will be deeply, deeply appreciated.