FAHS, ROTHROCK, KOEHLER, HUFF, ROCKEY, FAWSER, FAWZER, NEATER, HARTING, ADAMS, WILHELM, TAYLOR, MILLER, ROSE, YEAGER, HOFFMASTER, TANNER, MILES, GLADFELTER, GLATFELTER, FAIRLAMB, BIERBOWER, and EICHELBERGER
I am working on a huge ROTHROCK family tree.I am having trouble gathering information on the descendants of the FAHS who married into the ROTHROCK line.
Anna Maria (went by Mary?) ROTHROCK (b. 17 Sep 1780 at York Co., PA and died after 1850 at York Co., PA) was the second of thirteen children of John ROTHROCK (1744-1805) and Salome Charity WORLEY (1759-1828) of York County, Pennsylvania.John had four additional children by an earlier marriage to Dorothea GUMP (1749-1775).
Mary married Philip FAHS (FAAS) on 04 Dec 1803 at York, York County, Pennsylvania.Philip was born 29 Jan 1777 at Heidelberg Township, Berks Co., PA and died 08 Jul 1845 at Conewago Township, York County, Pennsylvania.Philip was the seventh of ten children of John Jacob FAHS (b. 03 May 1741 near Goschenhoppen, Emmaus, Northampton Co., PA and died 27 Feb 1813 at York, York County, Pennsylvania) who married Anna Catherina KOEHLER (b. 16 Aug 1744 at Emmaus, Northampton Co., PA and died 25 Dec 1814 at York, York County, Pennsylvania) on 28 Apr 1764 at Emmaus, Lehigh Co., PA.
Mary and Philip are buried at the Prospect Hill Cemetery, at York, York County, Pennsylvania.In 1810 the family was living at York Borough, York County, Page 150, Pennsylvania.In 1830 the family was living at Warrington Township, Page 310, York County, Pennsylvania.The family is listed in the 1840 census of Warrington Township, Page 155, York County, Pennsylvania.In 1850 the widow Mary seems to be living with her son Philip Henry FAHS and his family at Dover Township, York County, Pennsylvania.
Mary ROTHROCK FAHS and Philip FAHS were the parents of eight known children:
1. Beata (un-named female) FAHS (1806-1806)
2. George FAHS (1807-1851) married Maria ROTHROCK.I don't know anything of this family or how Maria is related to George.
3. John Jacob FAHS (1809-1871) married Mary Jane HUFF (1809-1884) and both died at York, York County, Pennsylvania where they are buried at the Prospect Hill Cemetery.They had eight known children (all daughters!): Louisa Ann FAHS (1832-1874) married Henry ROCKEY; Mary Jane FAHS (1837-1871) married John TAWSER (or TAWZER); Annie Elizabeth FAHS (1839-1904) married Henry C. NEATER; Rebecca FAHS (c1840-???) married Henry HARTING; Susan FAHS (1843-1922) married Kendric S. ADAMS; Amanda FAHS (1847-1922) married William WILHELM; Martha E. FAHS (c1850-1905) married Charles TAYLOR; and Emma E. FAHS (1852-1912) married William H. MILLER.
4. Thomas FAHS (1810-1850) married Rachel (c1814-1856) and both died at Harrisburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania.They had six known children: Elizabeth FAHS (1833-1917) married Henry (Harry) A. ROSE; REBECCA FAHS (1836-1909) married D.S. YEAGER; RACHEL JANE FAHS (1838-???) married Solomon B. HOFFMASTER; Philip FAHS (1843-1903) married 1) ???, 2) Jane; Henry R. FAHS (1844-1904) married Mary TANNER; and Thomas FAHS (1849-young).
5. Israel FAHS (1812-1812)
6. Philip Henry FAHS (1813-1903) went by Henry.He married Elizabeth (Eliza) MILES (1816-1906) and they lived (and died?) at Dover Township, York County, Pennsylvania.They had nine known children: Sarah FAHS (1839-???) married Daniel GLATFELTER; Susanna FAHS (1840-???) nothing known; Mary FAHS (1842-1920) married Charles GLATFELTER, it is believed they moved to Kentland, Newton County, Indiana; Philip M. FAHS (1844-1934) married Adeline Kindig MILLER; Elizabeth FAHS (1847-1921) married William F. FAIRLAMB; Henry R. FAHS (1848-1908) married Sarah J.; William S. FAHS (1851-1928) married Catherine (Kate) BIERBOWER; Elmira J. FAHS (1856-???) married Jacob E. EICHELBERGER; and Louisa FAHS (???-???) married William B. GLADFELTER (GLATFELTER?).Are Susanna and Louisa the same child?
7. David FAHS (1817-1817)
8. stillborn FAHS (1820-1820)
Does anyone have any information to trade on the descendants of Mary ROTHROCK FAHS (1780-p1850) and Philip FAHS (1777-1845)?Dan_Stevenson@sparta.com