.1 Robin Hood would have been born before the Earldom of Huntingdon became extinct in 1237. 2. Some think Robin Hood was alive before or during the time of Ranulf Earl of Chester who died 1153.
3. The common connecting link between Robin Hood, the Sheriff of Nottingham, and the Steward of the High Peak was William Peveril who was alive at the time of the Norman Conquest in 1066.
4. The account of Robin Hood and his "Merrie Men" fits in precisely with the activities of the "Silvatici" immediately after the Conquest.
5. Robin Hood would have been born at a time when the Earl of Huntingdon still had connections with Hallam and Loxley. This connection with Loxley ceased when Waltheof's Manor house was razed to the ground in 1069 and Waltheof was beheaded in 1076.
6. Robin Hood would have been born within the lifetime of Waltheof. (Died 1076)
7. Robin Hood would have been born before Loxley and Hallam were burnt to the ground by William the Conqueror in 1069.
8. Robin Hood would have been alive on the occasion of the Norman Conquest. (1066)
This Information is from postings by Graham Kirkby. You can find more by imputing key words into your search engine.
Try "The Real History of Robin Hood" and "Graham Kirkby".
I live in Chico, California, where some of the classic 1938 film, "The Adventures of Robin Hood", was filmed. You Can E-mail me. Ask me anything. I'd like to know what you've found. Especially that which is celtic and magical.