Jack, My name is Lance Fallin, I know I have been kind of wild and wooly in the past, I have had to make some guesses to find things only to then find out more or then have to backtrack. This is true, and I apologise to anyone I may have misled (although my research is rock solid back to 1735/7).
So I have tightened up my standards, and I am reviewing everything now.
A few questions come to mind though, that I'd like to ask you:
1. Could Redmond Fallin of Pittsylvania County, Virginia also have been known as Charles Redmond Fallin? (there are records of him arriving to the area back when it was Brunswick and Luneburg counties, even Halifax county as well).
2. So, instead of being tied directly to the Maryland family, Redmond might be tied to the Charles Fallins of Northumberland county?
3. If 1 and 2 above can be proven, then are these Fallins also somehow tied in with the Redmond Family of Stafford County Virginia? (a grandson county of Northumberland).
4. If the Fallins of Pittsylvania county Virginia can tie into the Fallins of Northumberland and to the Redmonds of Stafford ... then we might actually be related to a Chief of the Patawomack (Potomac) tribe (forgot his name right now).
Okay, so the above are still speculative questions, but just to let you know what is on my mind, that I am curious about these days.
NOW,to the more factual part/questions:
Who is Else Fallin?did you notice that? I'll post here what you had posted previously.
1700 Will Written Will of CHARLES Fallon Written 17 December 1700, proved 16 April 1701 & 19 March 1711/12 In the name of God Amen I Charles Fallon of the County of Northumberland in Virga being sick & weak in body but of a perfect mind & memory make ordain & appoint this to be my last Will & Testamt in manner & form as follow one to impt & commit my soul to God who gaveth me I do hope through the mirrits of a blessed Redemor & Saviour Jesus Christ thereby to be saved & to obtain Salvation to eternal happiness and that I be decently buried according to the Discretion of my Executor & for my personnal Estate I do give my Manior & farm as followeth. Second I do give & bequeath unto my Son Dennis Fallin a certain parcel of land it lying & Situating as followoth Beginning on Saml. Webb Spring branch & rushing along ye Said into the Maine Swamp & along the Maine Swamp unto a corner white Oak from thence to a corner marked ________ . All that parcel of land I do give to my Son Dennis & his heirs forever. And if he should die without heirs to the next heirs of the Fallin Ditto. I give & bequeath to my two sons Charles & William all the remainder of my land to be equally divided between them & the plantation to my Son Charles & I do give it to them & their heirs forever. If they or either of them shall die without heir It go to the next heir of the Fallins Ditto I give and bequeath unto my loveing wife all the remainder & Residue of my personal Estate during the term & time of her widowhood but if my wife Jane Fallin should marry I will that my movable Estate be Equally divided between She & my Children Every Child having his equal portion And lastly I Order & Appoint & Ordain my wife Jane Fallin to be my whole & Sole Executr of this my Last will & Testamt & to Di(smiss) all Will or WILLS that shall come from the beginning of the World to this day and Witness my hand & Seal the 17th of December 1700. Charles (his mark) Fallin Seal
Wit - Benja. Browne ELSE FALLIN their marks
Jno. Hogan Beverly Fleet, Virginia Colonial Abstracts, Vol I, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. Baltimore 1971 & 1988, p. 526
My goal now is to try to rule in or out the possibility that my Redmond Fallin of Halifax/Luneburg/Brunswick/Pittsylvania is either related to Charles Fallin of northumberland or not.
If not ... then we can be of either 2 others
1. of an Immigrant directly from Ireland about 1735 to Philadelphia to the panhandle of Maryland to Virginia or 2. the Maryland Redmond Fallins
I just want to rule in or out the Charles Fallin connection first.
Happy hunting to all Fallins the world over. Sincerely, Lance T. Fallin