I thought I replied to the John Fausey name. Yes all of the information was there and it gave me a bunch of links with a lot of space in between but it is a line. It seems to me that JOHN's father is also a John b. ABT. 1745? and is the War Hero and his sister was or might be a Margaret Fausey b.1755. It might be a whole line of John Fausey's who seemed to name their son's JOHN? All of the FAWSEY's seem to be misspellings of Fausey or Fause etc. Thanks again Lonnie, Steven P. Merritt, Cincinnati, Ohio
**YES THIS IS THE START OF THE LAST FAUSEY AND FIRST FAUZEY FOR THIS LINE. THERE ARE EARLIER FAUZEY LINES IN ENGLAND AND IRELAND.
Pennsylvania Census, 1772-1890
FAUSEY, JOHNState: PAYear:1830County: Lycoming CountyRecord Type:Federal Population ScheduleTownship:Muncy TownshipPage: 182
Database:PA 1830 Federal Census Index
IT SHOWS: JOHN FAUSEY AGE 50 AND UNDER*JOHN IS TOO YOUNG TO BE IN THE REV. WAR?
MALE CHILD: 10 AND UNDER
MALE CHILD: 15 AND UNDER
MALE CHILD: 20 AND UNDER*THIS WOULD BE MY CHRISTIAN FAUZEY
FEMALE WIFE: 40 AND UNDER *SO GRANDMOTHER WOULD BE BORN IN 1790 ABOUT?
FEMALE CHILD: 10 AND UNDER
FEMALE CHILD: 15 AND UNDER
* IT SHOWS A JAMES FAUSEY ALSO: AGE 30 AND UNDER
FEMALE CHILD: 5 AND UNDER
FEMALE WIFE: 30 AND UNDER
*ALSO JOHN EARLY RECORDS, MAY NOT BE IN FAMILY TREE BUT I COPIED THEM
Middlesex, England: Parish and Probate Records
Middlesex: - Calendar to the Sessions Records, 1616-1618Additional Baptisms.
Middlesex Sessions Records.Sessions Roll. County: MiddlesexCountry: England
John Fausey. Enfield. *first record is the same only Enfield left off.
Abstract of Graves of Revolutionary Patriots
FAUSEY,JohnMcHenry'sGraveyardBloomsburg PA 15Abstract of Graves of RevolutionaryPatriots, Vol.2, p.—Serial: 6924; Volume: 14
*********THIS RECORD MAKES ME THINK THERE ARE 3 JOHN FAUSEYS IN A ROW AS GRANDFATHERS? THIS LOOKS LIKE A WILL OF A MOTHER OR GRANDMOTHER OF JOHN PRE REVOLUTION AND THE SON JOHN REVOLUTION FATHER OF JOHN FAUSEY DAD OF CHRISTIAN FAUSEY OF LYCOMING PENNSYLVANIA?
Subject:BOLMERs of Bridgwater
Message:May 30, 1766 will of Mary BOLMER listS "my daughter, Merlane TITSWORTH". Thewife of John TEITSWORTH of NJ and PA lists variously as Lanah, Lena or Eleanora BOLEMER or BULMER.
Per Robert BOLMER's will dated Dec. 30, 1754, the children are JOHN,, ALLABORTES,ABRAHAM,ROBERT, MARCY, ANN FASEY,(FAUSEY?)Rosena, Magdalen, Elizabeth and Jenny.
Mary's will lists Albert, Abraham, Robert, daughters of JOHN FAUSEY, RozinaALBRIGHT, Elizabeth, Jane COMPTON, grandaughter Ann WILSON, granddaughter Williantie CLAUSON, Merlane TITSWORTH and Sarah BOLMER.
Magdalen BULMER and John KASTNER, both of Somerset, had a marriage liscenseissued Jun. 15, 1748. John CASTNER's will dated Nov. 29, 1754 lists Int. Adm'x -Helena and bondsman - Albert BOLMER.
It appears to me that Magdalen CASTNER (nee BOLMER) married JohnTITSWORTHbetween 1755 and 1766. This coincides well with the birth of theirchildren and estimated ages. Any and all comments gratefully appreciated.
In John FAUSEY's Revolutionary War pension file it lists his place of birth as Hackett'sFurnace, New Jersey in 1756. Where is (or was) Hackett's Furnace? Was Hackettstown ever called Hackett's Furnace? Answer: YES.
Also, in a Northumberland Co. History book, John WYNN b. Ca. 1770 was from NewJersey.
Essex, Massachusetts Probate Records, 1638-1840
File #: 9321
Name: Elizabeth Fausey; Faussey; Faucey; Forsy; Fossee; Fossey
File Date: 07 Jul 1701Residence: IpswichOccupation: minor
File #: 9321
Name: Hannah Fausey; Faussey; Faucey; Forsy; Fossee; Fossey
Residence: IpswichOccupation: minor
File #: 9321
Name: Lydia Fausey; Faussey; Faucey; Forsy; Fossee; Fossey
Residence: IpswichOccupation: minor
File #: 9322
Name: Thomas Fausey; Faussey; Faucey; Forsy; Fossee; Fossey
File Date: 22 Apr 1700Residence: IpswichType: intestate
**SISTER OF JOHN'S FATHER, THEJOHN REVOLUTION FAUSEY WHO SON WAS ALSO NAMED JOHN FATHER OF CHRISTIAN FAUZEY OF MUNCY?
Name: Margaret FAUSEYSurname: FauseyGiven Name: MargaretSex: F
Birth: 15 Jun 1755 in of, Northampton, Pennsylvania, USA 1
Death: 15 Jun 1843 in of, Columbia, Pennsylvania, USA
LDS Baptism: 24 Mar 1994 Temple: ATLAN
Endowment: 22 Feb 1995 Temple: ATLAN
Change Date: 9 Feb 2002 at 16:33:38
Marriage 1 John Frederick YINGLING b: 1752 in of, Moore Twp, Northampton, Pennsylvania, USAMarried: 5 Apr 1773 in of, Northampton, Pennsylvania, USA
Sealing Spouse: 9 Feb 2002 in LOUIS
Sources:1.Title: The Yingling GenealogyAuthor: Claude J. RahnPublication: Vero Beach, Florida 1958Page: p.153
I am researching the Fausey family. John and Valentine Fausey came to America in the early 1700's. Their descendents migrated from Long Island to Somerset and Hunterdon Co.'s NJ to Northampton Co., PA to Columbia Co., PA then to Lycoming County, PA. Other descendents then settled further west.
******The information you sent me Lonnie minus comments.
A) In 1710 Johannes and Valentin Fasius immigrated to the US.
B) Ca. 1716/17 William Vesi, Valentin Vesi, and Anna Vesin were at Hackensack, New Jersey.
C) From the records of the Dutch Congregations of Freehold and Middletown, New Jersey:
1) April 9, 1732 Hendrik son of Valentyn Fasigk and Katryntie Hosman.
Sponsors- Kristiaan Hossman and Hanna Hosman.
2) June 20, 1736 Johannes son of Felten Fasi and Cathrina Harsman.
Sponsors- Joh: Wert and Eliana Wert.
3) June 4, 1738 Harmen son of Felten Fasie and Cathrina Horsman.
Sponsors- Johannes Wert and Eliana Wert.
D) The wife of Johannes Fasieus was Rosina, they had:
1) Jan bpt. March 2, 1735
2) Wilhelm bpt. May 28, 1738
3) Rosina bpt. February 28, 1742
4) Robert bpt. May 19, 1745
E) 1756 John Fasy is born near Hackett's Furnace, NJ. This same John Fasy fought in the Revolutionary war in Northampton Co., PA and applied for a pension in 1832 while living in Columbia Co., PA.
F) 1760 The Plantation of William McConnel in Northampton Co., PA is sold to Valentine Fossie.
G) Herman Fasius and wife Anna living in Northampton Co., PA had the following children:
1) Valentine- June 23, 1765
2) Adam- October 15, 1768
3) Hermann- born January 8, 1775 baptized April 14, 1775
4) Catharina- February 14, 1777
5) David- March 14, 1781
H) Henrich Fassi (Fasy) and wife Catharina had the following children:
1) Henrich- June 28, 1779
2) Anna Margaretha- May 2, 1782
3) Anna Gertraut- February 18, 1787
I) Johanne Vasse and wife Eva had the following child:
1) Anna Dorta- May 15, 1787
(I am not sure if "Vasse" is variation of Fausey, or if this is a different family.)
J) The Following are from the Tax Lists in Columbia Co., PA (Unfortunately there were no ages associated with these records):
1) 1802 Bloom Twp. There was Henry Fofsey and also John Fofsey with his name crossed out.
2) 1805 Bloom Twp. There was John Fausey.
3) 1805 in Greenwood Twp. there was John Fausey (who owned his own land) and two Henry Fauseys.
4) 1808 in Greenwood Twp. there was John Fauzy (who owned his own land) and Henry and Harmon Fauzy (Henry and Harmon lived in the same house).
5) 1811 in Bloom Twp. there was John Fausey and Henry Faucy.
6) 1811 in Greenwood Twp. there was John Fausy (owned 140 acres), Henry Fausy's name was crossed out, Harmon Fausy (owned 126 acres) and Christeon Fausy (owned 50 acres).
7) 1814 and 1817 in Bloom Twp. there were Henry Fausey and John Fausey living in different homes.
8) 1814 in Greenwood Twp. there were the following Fauseys:
a) Christian and Zacharias in the same house. (Christian was the owner)
b) Herman (owned 40 acres)
d) John (owned 130 acres)
9) 1820 in Greenwood Twp. there was Adam Fausey, his property was owned by John Fausey.
10) 1821 in Greenwood Twp. there was Adam Fausey.
11) 1821 in Mt. Pleasant Twp. there was John, David and Harmon Fauzey. There was also a second John Fauzey with his name crossed out.
K) The Following is what I have found in census records.
1) 1800 in Bloom Twp., Northumberland Co. (now Columbia Co.) PA there was Henry Fosey and John Fosey.
2) 1820 in Mt. Pleasant Twp., Columbia Co., PA there was:
a) John Fawzey aged 44 and over. One female aged 26-44, one female aged 10-15, four females aged less than 10, one male aged 10-15, and one male aged less than 10.
b) David Fawzey aged 26-44, one female aged 26-44, one female aged 10-15, one male aged 10-15.
c) John Fawzey aged 26-44, one female aged 26-44, two females aged 10-15, 2 or 3 males aged 10-15, two males aged less than 10. (I believe this is the John Fausey who moved to Lycoming Co., PA)
d) Harmon Fawzey aged 44 and over, one female aged 26-44, one male aged less than 10.
3) 1830 in Mt. Pleasant Twp. Columbia Co., PA there was John Fousdy aged 70-80 one Female aged 50-60, one female aged 10-15, and one male aged 15-20.
4) 1830 in Anthony Twp. Lycoming Co., PA there was:
a) John Fausey aged 50-60, one female aged 40-50, one female aged 10-15, one female aged 5-10, one male aged 15-20, one male aged 10-15, one male aged 5-10.
b) James Fausey aged 20-30, one female aged 20-30, one female aged 0-5. (These two families resided in the same house.)
(This is the family that Christian was from. He is no doubt the male aged 15-20 in the Family of John Fausey. James and Christian were brothers.)