I have little hope, but I am looking for information on Mary Finlay(b. 1797, d. 13 Jul 1851, buried Bridgeton B.G., Glasgow, Scotland).I have no information on her parents or siblings, if any. She married William Ballantyne (b. Scotland, d: 2 Sep 1855, buried Bridgeton B.G., Glasgow, Scotland; occupation, possibly brewer).The family seemed to move between Belfast, Ireland, and Glasgow, Scotland.
1. Annie, b. 1826, d. March 29, 1853, age 27 years, buried in Shankhill, B.G., Belfast, Ireland
2. James F. (Finlay?) Ballantyne, b. 1828, d. July 12, 1870, age 42, buried in Rosehill, B. G.
3. *Margaret Ballantyne Young, b. 1830, d. April 3, 1884, aged 54, buried in Clinton, Iowa.
4. *Mary Finlay Ballantyne, b. 23 Dec 1831 in Glasgow, Scotland, d. 27 June 1921, Palisades, CO, buried Mt. Hope Cemetery, Maquoketa, Iowa. m. 1 May 1855 in Rockford, Illinois, James White Anderson, (12 Apr. 1829, d. 1912?, Maquoketa, Iowa).
5. William Ballantyne, died when 6 mos. old, buried in Glasgow.
6. *John Ballantyne, b. 1836, died Aug. 17, 1855.Age 19, Buried in Rockford, Illinois.
*Margaret, Mary, and John Ballantyne emigrated from Glasgow to US in early 1850s and settled in Rockford, Ill., where Mary’s husband was a butcher.Later Mary and Margaret moved to farms in Iowa. Supposedly there were 2 cousins?, nephews? of Mary Finlay Ballantyne, who were involved in newspaper press services in US one of whom married a sister of the first wife of playwright Eugene O’Neil.[This may not be true].