Has anyone done any actual "documented" research on Paul Fitz Randolph (b. 1736 Piscataway, NJ, d. 1788 Mifflin Twp., Cumberland Co., PA) m. to Ann Fitz Randolph 3/16/1757?????
The listing of children in The Descendents of Edward Fitz Randolph and Elizabeth Blossom 1630-1950 by Louise Aymar Christian and Howard Stelle Fitz Randolph is as follows:
1. Daughter, b. 2/28/1758, lived two hours
2. Nathaniel, b. 3/5/1759, Plainfield, NJ
3. Ichabod, b. 7/19/1760, South Brunswick, NJ
4. Rebecca, b. 2/26/1762, S. Brunswick, NJ m. William Sanderson
5. Sarah, b. 4/26/1763, S. Brunswick, NJ
6. Frances, b. 8/17/1765, S. Brunswick, NJ
7. Job, b. 10/21/1766, S. Brunswick, NJ
8. Ezekiel, b 8/11/1768, Piscataway, NJ died in infancy
9. Paul, b. 3/8/1770 Atkins River, NC
10. Joseph b. 9/11/1771 Atkins River, NC
11. Ann, b. 8/19/1773 Atkins River, NC
12. John, b. 12/3/1775 VA, d. 1833 Philadelphia PA
13. Son, b. Horses Ferry, Lancaster Co., PA
How was this list of children compiled??? from where??Are Paul, Joseph, Ann, & John really the children of a NC Randolph??? if not, what is the explanation for them being born in NC??It has been proposed that #12 John was actually born in NJ and that the John Randolph that died in 1833 Philadelphia was John Randolph of Roanoke (a VA Randolph, not a FR).Did Paul FR really have a son John??If so, where would I find the documentation?
Another possible mistake in the book is that Paul FR died in 1806, but this seems to have been determined to be Ann (her will).Some adminstrative papers (Cumberland Co., PA) were filed in 1788 for Paul's estate with son Ichabod & wife, Ann as administrators???
Has anyone done ANY detailed documented work on this family????
I'm interested because our line has a THEORY that John (s.o. Paul) was our ancestor who married Mary Davis (b. 1782 Delaware) and moved to Trumbull/Mahoning Co., OH.This John's son, Davis, listed his birthplace (1810) as Mifflin, PA in one article and Perry Co., PA in his obit.So we know our John & Mary (Davis) Randolph were in the same general area as Paul FR's family at the same time.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sally Holden Dyson