Can any one add any info to this ?? I have a long ways to go, any correction or info is most
welcome. Thanks Jim Foster
Children of Arthur Foster b 1732 Va. and Martha "Collier" Foster b Dec 14, 17?? in Southhampton Co. VA
1 John Foster b Jan. 18,1761 Va.d in Clumbia Co. GA was m to Elizabeth Savage / Savidge
2 Henry Collier Foster b ?moved to N.C. had a family and died there no info on his family
3 Jordan Foster N.M.
4 Sterling Foster m had children and died early in life
5 James Foster m early and died soon afterwards
6 William Fosterdied young
7 Lucy Foster b about 1773died about 1789Southhampton Co. Va
8 Arthur Foster m a wealthy lady and died 29 years later chil ??
9 Martha m a Mr.Ward and had children
10 Hardy Foster was m to Susan Savage and had children Columbia CO.Ga.?
11 Joshua Foster was m to Lucy Savage no children C.C.Ga
12 Nathaniel m Harriet Westbrook and had one son
13 Rebeeca Foster was m to Thos Vaughn and had 2 sons and 2 daughters. (See Rebecca Vaughan Home on Google)
Children of Col. John Foster and Elizabeth Savage / Savidge are
1 James Foster b in C.C.Ga. July 11,1786 died in Fosters Al. 1834 was m to Mary Eleanor Hill in Abbeville Co. S.C. May 19,1807
2 Arthur Fosterb C.C.Ga died in Tuscaloosa, Co.Al. m 4 times had one adopted Dau ?
3 Asa Foster died in infancy April 30,1789
4 Collier Foster Oct.8,1790 m had children and died in Washington Co, Texas
5 Hardy Foster b in Ga May 29,1792 m Elizabeth W.Hill had children died at Fosters Al.Aug 18,1849
6 John Foster Dec 3, 1794 and died in inf
7 Robert S.Foster b Aug.3,1796 m Ann Tompkins had children died June 14,1849 at Fosters Al and his plantation home still stans along with the old James Foster home I have pictures !!!
8 Patsy Foster May 8,1798 m and had 2 children and died July 1829 at Foster Al.
9 John L.S.Foster b June 14, 1800 m Susan Holifield and had children died in Starkville MS Feb.17,1875 berried at Fosters Al. I have both of there pic also some of there Daughter Martha E. Foster Crawford fifty years in china.as Baptist
10 Elizabth Harris Foster m 3 times and 2 sets of children and died 1859 in Fosters Al.
11 Benjamin Foster b Sept 23,1804 died in 1809
12 Rebeeca Foster b March 9,1808 and died 1808
3 Foster brothers married 3 Savidge sisters !!!
Subject: FostersThanksJim Foster
Foster's and anyone connected are invited to attend the Family Reunion to be held at McFarland Park, Florence, AL, Saturday, June 19, 2004, 10 AM until. The second pavilion on the left. On the banks of the beautiful Tennessee River.
We are from the line of James Foster and Mary Eleanor Hill, who were married in Abbeville Co., SC, May 19, 1807, and settled near his father's home in Columbia Co., GA.
They came to Fosters, AL in the fall of 1818 and pitched their tents in a cane break on the banks of the Black Warrior River, along with a few of their children. They had thirteen total. Listed below.
1. Matilda Ann Foster, born Aug. 10, 1809. was m to Allen Woolley,son of Zadoc Woolley, in 1827. they both died in Arkansas.There children are (1) Mary E.Woolley,was m to James Clement Billingslea. There children are James C.Jr., Condy,Lucy, Eugene, Hallett, with these children they moved to Arkansas and settle near her father. Dr.J.C.Billingslea was a popular and successful physician in Tuscaloosa Co.Al. (2) James F.Woolley, married in Fayette Co., Al,. where he practiced law, and died there, leaving a widow and children. (3) Sarah Boardman Woolley, b Oct.21,1836 was m to John Ourcell and lived in Ark., no Children . (4) Sophroia Priscilla Woolley,b Mar.14,1839 was m and died hadno children. (5) John Allen Woolley b Jan. 29,1842, never married. (6) Joshua Hill Woolley b Oct.24,1844, and died at age of twenty.>>>>>>
2. Elizabeth Wyatt foster,( Have panting) born Apr. 18, 1811 was m first to George McCain, they had one son George M.Jr.,who died in Infancy , and the father dying soon after. Eliza Wyatt was later m to Presley H.Wilkerson. there children were seven sons and two dau. (1) William Washington Wilkerson, was m to Sarah Moore. They settled in Marion, Al., where he was long a successful phy, and died leaving a widow and 4 sons (a) Wooten M.Wilkerson, a prominent Phy in Montgomery Al. was m to Victoria Williams and has several children . (b) William Warren Willkerson , a successful lawyer,and Judge of the City Cort,in Birmingham Al. was m to Lena Somerville, Died Nov ., 1893 leaving a widow and 4 children.(c) Presley M.Willkerson, a druggist in Marion Al., was m to Mary Briarfield, Died in 1903. (d) Walter Wilkerson a phy Ass with his brother in Montgomery Al. was m to ??? Marbrey has one child.
(2) Basil Manlly Wilkerson , is a dentist M.D. and inventer, was professor in Baltimore Dental College some years ,practiced his profession there, invented and patented dental appliances,supported by royalty on his patents, was married in Baltimore but lost his wife with no children.(3) Simeon Cornelius Wilkerson a dentist in Tuscaloosa Co. Al .(4) Joshua Moses Wilkerson , a farmer was m to Ella Darden he and wife both dide leaving 2 Daughters Ella and Jonnin both are teachers. (5) Presley H. Wilkerson a machinist was m to ?? Allen who died, leaving 5 or 6 children. (6) John Wilkerson, a dentist in Selma Al. was m to Jessie Miller,has one dau Maude, (7) Charles Wilkerson, a Phy in Marion Al. was m to Miss Allen and has 5 or 6 children. (8) Lydia Ann Wilkerson was m to Mr.Allen, brother to wives of Presley and Charles,a farmer in Perry Co. Al. (9) Mary Ann Wilkerson , died at school at the Judson in Marion about twenty years oldNote read her stone at the old Grants Creek church at Fosters Al. >>>>>>>
3. John Collier Foster, born Apr. 10, 1813 a useful and consecrated Baptist preacher,Pastor fifty consecutive years at grants creek church where he was reared, and moderator of Union Association a number of years, wrote for the Alabama Baptist the articles which are given in appendix to this pamphlet, was m to Emma Tool Prince in 1839 she died a few months later giving birth,her and child are b in the same grave at grants creek. In the fall of 1847 he was m to Georgia Ann Maharry. and there children are (1) Mary Ellen Foster,was m to Dr.A.B.Crook Nicholls,now a Phy in Tuscaloosa, Al. , Children ; (a) George Nicholls , engineer on public works, Mobile, m and has 2 children. (b) Jesse Crook Nicholls,Graduant of west point, captain in U.S.army (c) Augustus Hoke Nicholls ,an engineer on railway., (d) Catharine Nicholls, student at University; (e) Francis Nicholls .>>>>
(2) Mellie Foster was m to Rush King sheriff of Tuscaloosa Co. Al.Children (a) Tosca King, m to Miss ? Hinton; (b) Velma King,was m to Walter Daffin, one child, (c) Georgia King ,was m to Max Morrow, and had 2 children ; (d) Foster King (e) Robert King, Rush King is dead.
(3) Josie Foster, was m to Walter Patton farmer and merchant ,children are (a) William Pratt Patton, (b) James Manley Patton,(c) Pearl Patton; (d) Ruby Patton; (e) Josie Steel Patton; (f) Walter Patton; (g) Lucile Patton ; (h) John Jefferson Patton.
(4) John Manley Foster, law Graduate U.A T member of Tuscaloosa bar Twice represented his county in the Legislature and honorably filled other responsible positions,politcal and legle, was m to Catharine Clark, one son Richard Clark Foster, Note for John M. Foster, he was m to Catharine Clark on April 19,1893 in Marengo County Al. one child and she died and then he m her sister Mable R.Clark on Oct 12, 1898 in Marengo Co. and has one Daughter .
(5) James Henry Foster, a law graduate of U.A.T. was m to Linda Van de Graff ,has two Children (a) Frances Foster, (b) John Collier Foster; losing his wife he was m to Mary Cochran and has two small children.
(6) Augusta Foster; (7) Fannie Forester Foster; (8) Stella Foster never married lives in there home in Tuscaloosa.>>>>>
4. Martha Amelia Foster, born Jan. 26., 1815 was m to John A.Hodges, a Baptiest preach , Children are (1) Ann Hasseltine Judson, born and died, (2) Eugenia K.Hodges was m to Benton Walton, children are (a) James Y.Walton; (b) Benton Walton, her husband died she was m twice afterwards and is a widow the 3rd time, One daughter of her last husband ;(c) Wawice Walker was m to Alonzo Dean, with whom she lives at Shaw Ms.
(3) Mary Frances Hodges, was m to B.F. Dent , had children; he died and she was married again, ? (4) Martha Alabama Hodges, was m to Bennett Griffin, children are (a) Virgil C.Griffin (b) Bennett Griffin, Jr. (c) Annie Griffin was m to Edward Powell, has one child,
(5) Robert Dunlap Hodges, married in mississippi removed to California died living a widow and children,(6) Georgia Foster Hodges, was married moved to Louisiana , died living a Daughter, a beautiful youn woman.(7) Laura Hodges died u-m >>>>>>
5. Mary Hill Foster, born March 6, 1817 was m to Nicholas W.Prince, children are (1) Edmond Rufus Prince, b Jan. 28,1842 and was m to Margaret M.William, settled in Florida had several children and she died. (2) James Foster Prince, b Sept. 10,1843 was m to Lucinda Quarles, moved to Florida had children, and died Sept.30, 1888. (3) Andrew Fuller Prince, b Oct.14,1845, was m to Sophia Williford, and has one son; Hugh Prince m to Betty Hester, has a son, Willie Fuller Prince and a Daughter Elizabeth Priince;he is associated with his father in the mercantile firm of A.F.Prince and Son, Tuscaloosa.
(4) Elizabeth Tool Prince,b Dec.30,1847, and died April 6,1856.(5) Mary Ellen Prince, b April 11,1850, was m to Charles F. Hiers, ad had children; and he died. (6) Oliver William Prince, b April 4,1852, was m to Agnes Hicks, and lives in Texarkana, Texas.(7) Cora Prince, b Nov.2,1854,was m to James F.Bradshaw.(8) Charity Prince, b July 27,1857, was m to Edward D. Bradshaw, both died . >>>>
6. Joshua Hill Foster, born Mar. 17, 1819 the first to see light of day in Fosters Settlement
7. Nancy Wyatt Foster, born June 22, 1821
8. Arthur Foster, born Aug. 31, 1823
9. Hardy Applewhite Foster, born Mar 26, 1826
10. Sophronia Lucinda Foster, born Mar 26, 1826
11. Edward Collier Foster, born May 7, 1828
12. Rebecca Jane Foster, born Apr. 28, 1830
13. James Luther Foster, born May 31, 1837
brothers and sisters of James Foster were:
1. Arthur, born Jan. 6, 1787
2. Asa, born Apr. 30, 1789
3. Collier, born Oct. 8, 1790Died in Washing County TX
4. Hardy, born May 29, 1792
5. John, born Dec. 3, 1794
6. Robert Savidge, born Aug. 3, 1796 died in Foster Al but his home still stand today 2/22/06
7. Patsey, born May 8, 1798
8. John Lovelace Savidge, born June 14, 1800 diedat Starkville MS. bu at Fosters Al.
9. Elizabeth Harris, no date
10. Benjamin, born Sept. 23, 1804
11. Rebecca, born Mar. 9, 1808