This is a photo of a document dated 28 April 1849 which begins by reciting that Guy Foster died in 1848 leaving his property to his trustees for the use of Mary Foster during her lifetime and thereafter to be sold. http://www.familychest.co.uk/FamilyChestDocs/documents/0511032.htmhttp://www.familychest.co.uk/FamilyChestDocs/documents/0511032.htmA further piece of land came into the hands of Mary Foster and the two trustees by a Statutory Grant of 1849.
They are now selling this latter piece of land to William Patton for £45/14/- of which half is to paid to Mary Foster and half to the two trustees. The plot contains 155 sq. yds and is bounded on the South by the Redcar Back Lane and on the West by the road from Redcar to Coatham. It has a dwelling house erected by William Patton.