On the mounument of Georg von Frankenstein's brother Hans and Hans's wife Irmel von Cleen, are six shields: two of the clovers, and one of the clover shields has a helmet above it with a crest of the traditional swan's wings to which the head of the dragon which Georg slew (and which, in turn, slew him) has been added: peering out from between the wings. Then there is a shield with what looks to be a diagonal band on which there are three round shapes. A fourth shield is divided vetically: the left half (as you face it) has a crown above some bell shapes which some people describe as "scales" and, others in heraldic terms call "diapering"(?);and, on the other half, there are three more of these bell shapes in the top. The fifth and sixth shields are the double war hatchet, but above one of these there is a helmet and crest: this time the crest is the swans wings with an image of the double war hatchet painted right on the left wing itself. The Lindwurm was raised by a curse pronounced by the Landgrave of Hesse on his subordinate vassals for their refusal to convert from Catholicism to Lutheranism. It raised the dragon and caused the unprecedented Frankenstein death: in German, "das grosse Sterben der Frankensteiner", with the deaths of Georg in 1531, his brother Hans in 1566, and Hans's wife Irmel in 1553. The effigy of knight Georg in full armour, is in the village church of Nieder-Beerbach. He fought the Scheusslicher Lindworm, the "terrible" dragon upon the day of St Lucia 1531 to save his love Annemarie, "the rose of the valley". The last male descendant of the younger Frankenstein line, Philip Frankenstein, died in 1602, barely aged twenty. Of the older Frankenstein line, Ludwig von Frankenstein died 1606 and is sculpted with his wife Katharina von Rodenstein under a niche in the castle chapel, with two angels watching over them. Emperour Leopold I of Germany 1658-1705 raised Frankenstein's namesake, the leader of the German Saxons of Transylvania, to the title of "Freiherr" (Baron of the Empire", in the year 1670, for the steadfast loyalty of the family to the Roman Church.