Much of this information also from John Irwin (see his web site address below.I couldn't log on to it today.) Diane Barkhimer firstname.lastname@example.org
Descendants of Hill Freeburn
Generation No. 1
1. HILL1 FREEBURN was born Abt 1745, and died Abt March 28, 1808 in Halifax, Dauphine, PA. He married MARTHA GLYN October 27, 1768 in Christ Church,Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA.Notes for HILL FREEBURN:!RESIDENCE: Halifax,Dauphine,PA; !WILL: Hill Freeburn,will 28 Mar 1808 Halifax,Dauphine,PA' !MARR: Microfiche,Hill Freeborn,PA (source, Penn Marriages prior to 1810,Christ Church Philadelphia Recs); !NAME: also Freeborn
Children of HILL FREEBURN and MARTHA GLYN are:
2. i. ROBERT2 FREEBURN, b. 1775, Upper Paxton, Dauphin, PA; d. 1831, Halifax Twp, Dauphne Co, PA.
ii. JOHN IRWIN FREEBURN, SR., b. August 26, 1769, PA; d. 1839, Jackson Twp, Dauphine, Co, PA; m. MARY HANNA KEITER.
iii. CATHARINE FREEBURN, b. Abt 1777; m. SAMUEL IRWIN; b. 1762; d. 1821. Notes for SAMUEL IRWIN: 11/00...The IRWIN spouse of Catharine FREEBURN was my GGGF, Samuel IRWIN. Sources: Runks Biographical Encyclopedia of Dauphin County and flyleaf of IRWIN family bible. You can see some of Samuel's/Catharine's descendants in my direct line by pushing the genealogy button on my home page at irwin.home.texas.net; Lived on farm: Stony Creek Valley, Middle Paxton Township,Dauphin County, PA; John W. Irwin; email@example.com
iv. JAMES FREEBURN.
v. MARY FREEBURN.
vi. DANIEL FREEBURN.
vii. SAMUEL FREEBURN, m. RACHEL THOMPSON.
viii. THOMAS FREEBURN, b. 1775, Halifax, Dauphine, PA; d. November 20, 1829, Coventry, Summit, OH; m. MARY CROSIER, 1807; b. 1786. Notes for THOMAS FREEBURN:!BIRTH: near Halifax
ix. WILLIAM FREEBURN.
Generation No. 2
2. ROBERT2 FREEBURN (HILL1) was born 1775 in Upper Paxton, Dauphin, PA, and died 1831 in Halifax Twp, Dauphne Co, PA. He married ELIZABETH BOWER September 12, 1783, daughter of MICHAEL BOWER and VERONICA LANE/LEHN. She was born Abt 1784.
Notes for ROBERT FREEBURN:Census: 1810 Upper Paxton, Dauphin, PA 2 ; Census: 1830 Halifax Twp., Dauphin, PA 3; Census: 1820 Halifax Twp., Dauphin, PA 4; Sources:Abbrev: Footprints of Freeburn Fam in Am, by Freeburn Title: Footprints of Freeburn Fam in Am, by Freeburn Page: p. 3: Robert must have borrowed money from his father-in-law, MichaelBower to purchase family property and was unable to pay for it, asthis land was later sold at a sheriff's sale & bought by Robert'sbro-in-law, John Bower.
Robert became very poor and went bankrupt, according to a notice heput in the newspaper to inform his creditors. In the tax lists forDauphin County, his children were listed as having to be educated bythe county. From 1810-1817, Robert is on the tax lists as an inmate(meaning a renter), then 1818-1830 his land valuation was very smalland is listed as a tenant in some years. Quality: 1 Abbrev: Census record Title: Census record Page: p. 556: 1M 0-10, 2M 26-45; 1F 0-10, 2F 16-26. Quality: 1 Abbrev: Census record Title: Census record Page: p. 003: 1M 0-5, 2M 10-15, 1M 15-20, 1M 20-30, 1M 50-60; 1F 5-10, 1F15-20, 1F 40-50.Quality: 1 Abbrev: Census recordTitle: Census record Page: p. 147: 3M 0-10, 2M 10-16, 1M 16-18, 1M 45+; 1F 0-10, 1F 10-16, 1F16-26, 1F 45+.Quality: 1
Children of ROBERT FREEBURN and ELIZABETH BOWER are:
i. DANIEL3 FREEBURN.
ii. ELIZA FREEBURN, b. Abt 1804, Upper Paxton, Dauphin, PA.
iii. FANNIE FREEBURN, m. JOSIAH MECK (MICK), October 17, 1839.
iv. JAMES FREEBURN.
v. MARY FREEBURN, m. PATTON.
vi. MICHAEL FREEBURN, b. 1808, Upper Paxton, Dauphin, PA; d. 1870; m. (1) JULIA; m. (2) SARAH JANE; b. April 11, 1814; d. June 21, 1842; m. (3) ELIZABETH MEETCH, Abt 1826; b. 1805; d. March 28, 1847.
vii. SAMUEL FREEBURN, b. 1803, Upper Paxton, Dauphin, PA; m. (1) MARY PATTON; m. (2) REBECCA WALTERS, August 05, 1851.
3. viii. IRVIN FREEBURN, b. September 16, 1810, Halifax, Dauphin, PA; d. January 18, 1858, Millerstown, Perry, PA.
ix. SINTON FREEBURN, b. January 01, 1813; d. June 17, 1878; m. MARGARET E.
4. x. WILLIAM FREEBURN, b. August 06, 1817; d. August 17, 1901.
Generation No. 3
3. IRVIN3 FREEBURN (ROBERT2, HILL1) was born September 16, 1810 in Halifax, Dauphin, PA, and died January 18, 1858 in Millerstown, Perry, PA. He married SARA A ESHELMAN May 10, 1833, daughter of HENRY ESHELMAN and MARY GENSINGER. She was born March 07, 1814 in Halifax, Dauphin, PA, and died March 08, 1872 in Millerstown, Perry, PA.
Notes for IRVIN FREEBURN:!SOURCE: Lucille Record Hunt ;Helen Johnston);Mrs. Mildred Moon. Family Notes !RESIDENCE: 1850 census Greenwood Twp,Perry Co,PA pg 514
Children of IRVIN FREEBURN and SARA ESHELMAN are:
5. i. SALOME F4 FREEBURN, b. February 11, 1834, PA; d. May 03, 1903.
ii. MARY E FREEBURN, b. May 02, 1836, Mexica, Juanita, PA; d. August 10, 1924, So. Omaha, Douglas, NE; m. ABRAM BRANDT, September 25, 1855.
6. iii. GEORGE SNYDER FREEBURN, b. July 08, 1838, Millerstown, Perry Co, PA; d. January 23, 1916, Duncannon, Perry Co, PA.
7. iv. JESSE BEAVER FREEBURN, b. July 28, 1841, Millerstown, Perry, PA; d. January 13, 1915, Van Meter, Dallas, PA.
8. v. WILLIAM HENRY FREEBURN, b. May 25, 1845, Millerstown, Perry, PA; d. September 30, 1929.
9. vi. SUSAN CATHERINE FREEBURN, b. May 25, 1845, Millerstown, Perry, PA.
4. WILLIAM3 FREEBURN (ROBERT2, HILL1) was born August 06, 1817, and died August 17, 1901. He married ELIZABETH SHANNON January 17, 1847 in Knox Co, IL.
Child of WILLIAM FREEBURN and ELIZABETH SHANNON is:
i. JOHN POLK4 FREEBURN, b. October 22, 1844, Sagamon Co. Ill.
Generation No. 4
5. SALOME F4 FREEBURN (IRVIN3, ROBERT2, HILL1) was born February 11, 1834 in PA, and died May 03, 1903. She married WILLIAM A PATTON February 17, 1853. He died March 04, 1910.
Children of SALOME FREEBURN and WILLIAM PATTON are:
i. SARAH5 PATTON.
ii. CARRIE PATTON.
iii. REBECCA PATTON.
iv. GRANT PATTON.
v. WILLIAM C PATTON.
vi. COLLINS DAVID PATTON.
vii. JAMES IRVIN PATTON, b. September 02, 1854; d. November 11, 1855.
6. GEORGE SNYDER4 FREEBURN (IRVIN3, ROBERT2, HILL1) was born July 08, 1838 in Millerstown, Perry Co, PA, and died January 23, 1916 in Duncannon, Perry Co, PA. He married (1) CAROLINE ANDERS October 14, 1860 in Perry Co, PA, daughter of GEORGE ANDERS and CATHERINE BARRICK. She was born June 07, 1837 in Markelsville, Perry, PA, and died April 16, 1894 in Cove, Perry, PA. He married (2) REBECCA HOPPLE 1895. She was born October 1864 in PA.
Notes for GEORGE SNYDER FREEBURN:!RESIDENCE: 1900 Duncannon,PA; 1900 census, Duncannon,Perry Co,PA!DEATH: cert in submitter's possession; Married: 18 OCT 1860 in , Perry, IN (Indiana? not PA?)
Notes for CAROLINE ANDERS:!SOURCE: copy pg family bible!INFO: also ck Surname ENDERS (info from Helen Johnston)
Children of GEORGE FREEBURN and CAROLINE ANDERS are:
i. EMORY DYSON5 FREEBURN, b. August 20, 1861, Perry Co, PA; d. May 13, 1921, Richmond, Contra Costa, CA; m. HARRIET "HATTIE" LILLIAN MOON; b. February 20, 1869, Meradosia, Morgan, IL; d. July 18, 1951, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA.
Notes for EMORY DYSON FREEBURN:!RESIDENCE: lived in Calif 12 yrs bef death;1900 add: 609 W 3rd,Sedalia,Pettis Co,MO;1900 Soundex,MO T-1055 #88;1900 census Sedalia,PettisCo,MO, Ed105 sh 9A!OCCUPATION: saloon keeper, merchant; !SOURCE: Marr cert found Book D pg 270, Benton Co Recorder, MO; 1900 soundex MO;1900 census Secalia, Pettis Co, MO !BIRTH: prob Perry Co?,PA;26 Aug 1862 (birth/baptism?) !MARR: marr in private house in Warsaw;Cert: Benton Co Recorder,MO. Book D pg 270; !DEATH: State of CA Health Dept
Notes for HARRIET "HATTIE" LILLIAN MOON:!BIRTH: 20/24 Feb 1869; Versailles,Brown Co,IL or Meradosia,Morgan Co,IL;neighboring cities; !ETHNIC: 1/8 Native American; Onondaga or Blackfoot?!BURIAL: cremated 20 July 1951 California Crematory, Berkeley,CA !DEATH: SF County,CA Records,Death Cert #5376; !MARR: Benton Co,MO Recorder, Book D,pg 270; !RESIDENCE: 1900 Census Sedalia,Pettic Co,MO..ED 109 SH 9A; !SOURCE: Letha Vaughn Nunn; Mrs. Mildred Moon, ; 1880 Census, Warsaw, Benton Co, MO,#1327, pg 35 !NICKNAME: Hattie !INFO: born Meradosia,Morgan Co,IL--neighboring city to Versailles,ILL
ii. SARAH CATHERINE FREEBURN, b. August 08, 1863, Cove, Perry Co, PA; d. June 07, 1934; m. HARRY WAHL, Abt 1882.Notes for SARAH CATHERINE FREEBURN:!BIRTH: Cove or Forge, Perry Co,PA!RESIDENCE: 1900 Duncannon,PA
iii. MARGARET B FREEBURN, b. June 02, 1869, Perry Co, PA; d. February 09, 1939, Herndon, North Umberland, PA; m. URA GOLLADY MOON, January 22, 1893; b. May 02, 1870, Tabor, Mills, IA; d. May 30, 1933. Notes for URA GOLLADY MOON:!RESIDENCE: 1900 Duncannon,PA
iv. MARY SOAMIE FREEBURN, b. Abt 1874, Perry Co, PA; m. ALEX G HAY.Notes for MARY SOAMIE FREEBURN:!NICKNAME: MaryMame Soamie Freeburn
v. CHARLES A FREEBURN, b. December 1876, Perry Co, PA; m. MARGARITE; b. September 1874, Ireland. Notes for CHARLES A FREEBURN:!BIRTH: 1900 Census Allegheny Co,Pittsburg,PABirth: 1880 Census says 4 yrs old
7. JESSE BEAVER4 FREEBURN (IRVIN3, ROBERT2, HILL1) was born July 28, 1841 in Millerstown, Perry, PA, and died January 13, 1915 in Van Meter, Dallas, PA. He married ELIZABETH OSTRANDER November 02, 1865 in Millerstown, Perry, PA. Notes for JESSE BEAVER FREEBURN:!MILITARY: private/Civil War;enrolled Harrisburg,PA 5 Aug 1862;Nov 1862;Convent Hosp,Frederick,MD;Feb 1863 Corps Hosp near Stonemans,VA;dischrgd 1863 !RESIDENCE: aft 1863 lived 4-5 yrs IL;7 yrs Duncannon,PA;since 1878/79 Van Meter, Boonesville & Atlantic, IA; 29 July 1911 Buchanan,Berrien Co,MI; !SOURCE: Dept of Interior, Bureau of Pensions,Des Moines, IA; 12/233 Cert #523344, Jessie Freeburn 15 Jan 1898;cert in posession of submitter;deat cert in posession of submitter;Marian Wise.
Notes for ELIZABETH OSTRANDER:!INFO: Nickname "Lizzie"
Children of JESSE FREEBURN and ELIZABETH OSTRANDER are:
i. SARAH E5 FREEBURN, b. December 19, 1866.Notes for SARAH E FREEBURN:!BIRTH: maybe Illinois
ii. WILLIAM A FREEBURN, b. September 11, 1874; d. Aft. 1915.Notes for WILLIAM A FREEBURN:!BIRTH: Penn ?
iii. JOHN S FREEBURN, b. March 27, 1878.Notes for JOHN S FREEBURN:!BIRTH: Iowa?
iv. THOMAS E FREEBURN, b. January 03, 1885.Notes for THOMAS E FREEBURN:!BIRTH: Iowa?
8. WILLIAM HENRY4 FREEBURN (IRVIN3, ROBERT2, HILL1) was born May 25, 1845 in Millerstown, Perry, PA, and died September 30, 1929. He married MELVINA LEEDY December 24, 1872. She was born October 03, 1853 in PA, and died May 18, 1925.Notes for MELVINA LEEDY:!BURIED: Logan Valley Cemetery, Bellwood,PA
Children of WILLIAM FREEBURN and MELVINA LEEDY are:
i. LILLIAN ADA5 FREEBURN, b. December 20, 1873.
ii. HARRY BURNS FREEBURN, b. September 25, 1876.
iii. WILLIAM BLAIR FREEBURN, b. October 13, 1879.
iv. MARY JULIA FREEBURN, b. July 05, 1883, PA.
v. ERMA CORA FREEBURN, b. September 28, 1887, PA.
9. SUSAN CATHERINE4 FREEBURN (IRVIN3, ROBERT2, HILL1) was born May 25, 1845 in Millerstown, Perry, PA. She married GEORGE W REAMER October 20, 1861. Notes for SUSAN CATHERINE FREEBURN:!BIRTH: twin;bro William H
Children of SUSAN FREEBURN and GEORGE REAMER are:
i. PHILIP E5 REAMER, b. September 05, 1863; d. September 28, 1863.
ii. SARAH M REAMER, b. February 15, 1867.
iii. CHARLES W REAMER, b. February 08, 1871.