I am picking up my search for family information. I have consolidated the information from all Jill, Deborah, and Kay below. There is some confusion on my part regarding brothers of Heinrich Andreas and Henry Freudenberg
Bernhard Freudenberg, married Anna Christine Meyer in Ellenstedt. (no dates on marriage or birth, church records had been destroyed in a fire)
Heinrich Freudenberg, 5-3-1778 and he married Maria Elisabeth Huke 1-7-1812.
Heinrich Andreas born 5-4-23, died 1892, married Loise Siemer 11-27-1850 and became a US Citizen on October 21, 1887.
Heinrich Andreas has brothers Arnold Heinrich 10-24-1813, Johann Herman 8-23-1819, sisters Anna Marie Elisabeth 10-23-1816 and Marie Elisabeth 4-26-1826.
Heinrich Andreas has a brother Johann Heinrich Clemons Freudenberg, born July 29, 1854 who migrated to the USA.
• Henry Freudenberg born 12/4/1862, died, 2/17/1928 and married Auguste Wichmann (born 1867) died 4/21/1935.
• Henry had brothers Arnold, Fredric, Bernard, Hermann, August and a sister Catherine who married someone named Decagay.
• Henry lists as brothers Johann Heinrich, Clemons, Arnold, Fredrick, Bernard, Hermann, August and a sister Catherine.
Henry had the following children:
1. Louise (not married),
2. George (born 1888, married Julie had 5 boys, 6 girls)
3. August (died 1935, married Hilda, no children)
4. Otto (not married)
5. Bernard (not married, went missing)
6. Dietrich (born 2/22/1899-died 4/24/1966, He married Helen Goerdeke on December 26,1924
1. Dietrich Freudenberg Jr, married Laura Swango. He has a sister, Rita May Freudenberg Allen
a. Deborah Freudenberg in Indiana
7. Margaret (born 10/3/1909, died 11/11/1978, married Joe Flinn, had 3 boys, 2 girls)
8. Harry (born 12/4/1886, married Marie Huepink, had 8 boys, one girl (this is Jills grandfather, lived in Cinnci)
1. Brothers, Frank, Marvin, Bernard, John, Otto, Walter, and a sister Helen. All but Marvin are dead, including Jill’s father, and Marvin lives in Clinton, Iowa, in rural Clinton County
a. Son Norbert James Freudenberg DOB 3/2/25, lived in St. Bernard, Ohio and moved to the Clinton, Iowa area around 1947-48. married Alice Shepler
i. Jill Freudenberg Sidlinger
9. Henrietta, (born 1891, married Louis Hermann had 2 girls)
10. Edward (never married)
11. Hannah (real name Johanna) who married Jack Kozley (real name John Kozlowski)
1. Martha (married Francis Garboski)
a. Anne-Louise, born in Baltimore (Francis is stepdad), married Bernard P Lynch Jr
b. Kathy Jo
c. Francis Jr
2. Dorothy (Clayman)
12. Marie, died 1976, married John Wieners (1 boy, 1 girl)
13. Frank (died 10/11/1976, married Alma Jenkins, no kids)
I am not sure if any of these people are related to the JH Freudenberg that you are looking for. I am trying to find our when Heinrich Andreas and Loise Siemer may have come to the US. Also there is a Carl Freudenberg in Germany who is the president of Freudenberg/NOK, they make wine and textiles in Wienhiem, Germany. I am really trying to figure out if one of my German relatives is related to this branch of the family and would appreciate any info related to Bernhard, Heinrich, or Heinrich Andreas.
According to my grandmother (Martha) we are from the Black Forest area of Germany, near Alsace France. According to grandma, our name started out as von Freudenberg and the town was named after us. I have yet to confirm either of these as facts though.