Regarding Abigail Fulp, my great grandmother, paternal side.Abigail Fulp, daughter of Valentine "Felty" Fulp, born ca 1822, Claiborne Co., TN.She married Jeremiah Hopper on 24 May 1839 in Claiborne Co., TN (mariage book 2, page 10).Abigail died ca 1895 probably on Holt Co., Missouri.Jeremiah Hopper born 19 May 1819 in Claiborne Co., TN, died sometime between 1860 and 1870, (no Civil War records).Jeremiah and Abigail had the following children, all born in Claiborne Co., TN:
1. Susannah "Susan" Hopper, born March 1840, married Julius Caesar Hacker 30 Aug 1865 in Claiborne Co., TN, date of death unknown at this time for Susannah, couple had 7 seven children, all born in Claiborne Co., TN, couple later moved to Hamblen Co., TN. Julius died 31 July 1902 in Hamblen Co., TN, buried in the Macedonia Cemetery.Note here regarding Susannah appeared to have had a son before her marriage to J.C. Hacker.His name was William D. Hopper, born 1862, married Jane McDaniel.William was always listed on census as son of Susannah and Julius.
2.Martha Jane Hopper, born 1841, married Caleb Goin, she died 9 Jan 1863 in Jackson Co., Indiana while Caleb was in service during Civil War.No children.
3.William Riley Hopper,born 19 June 1843, married Permelia Goin, (sister to Caleb), the couple had 14 children.
4.Crawford J. Hopper, born Dec 1844, married three times: wife 1. Mrs. Rachel M. Keck, wife 2. Nancy C. Bradbury, wife 3. Mattie Moore. Crawford had 4 children, all by Nancy C. Bradbury.
5. Sarah L. Hopper, born 26 Sept 1846, married Caleb Goin two years after her sister Martha died, Sarah died 2 April 1929, Sarah and Caleb had 10 children.
6. James Alexander Hopper, born 7 Aug 1848, married three times, wife 1. Mary ???, couple had one son, wife 2. Lucy Jane Johnson, couple had four children, wife 3. Adah Elizabeth Howard, no children; James died 11 Jan 1929.
7. Vincent Melvin Hopper (my grandfather), born 4 Dec 1850, married Sarah Elizabeth Butrick, Vincent died 4 May 1930;(I never knew my grandparents, both died before I was born, which was 18 March 1950); Vincent and Sarah had 9 children, the youngest, a twin, was my father.
8. Solomon J. Hopper, born 26 April 1853, married Casandra Frances Alkire, Solomon died 11 Jan 1923, the couple had 3 daughters.
9. - Louis H. Hopper, born 22 March 1856, married Loucinda Eveline Crews, Louis died 9 Dec 1924, the couple had 7 children.
10. - Elizabeth Hopper , born ca 1858 (age 2 on 1860 census, not listed in 1870)
11. - Dorcas Clementine Hopper, born 23 Dec 1861, married Joshua Jacob Marion Keck, Dorcas died 18 Aug 1941, the couple had 5 children.(Note Joshua Keck's mother was
Alminia GOIN Keck, she was a sister to Caleb and Permelia Goin.)
I have much more info on these families if anyone is interested.Thank You.