Beers, J. H. and Co., Commemorative Biographical Record of Washington County, Pennsylvania (Chicago: J. H. Beers & Co., 1893).
W. P. Fulton, p. 406
W. P. FULTON, a prosperous and well-known liveryman of Canonsburg, is a grandson of WILLIAM FULTON, whose parents were of Scotch-Irish descent, and first located in Baltimore, Md., where many of the family yet remain. The branch of which WILLIAM was a member finally settled in Smith Township, Washington Co., Pa.He was born in Maryland, and was a young man at the time the family moved to the county. He was married to MARY CAMPBELL, whose parents were also pioneer settlers of Washington County, arid the young people settled on the old homestead in Mt. Pleasant Township, this county. They were both members of the Mt. Prospect Presbyterian Church.
GEORGE FULTON, a son of WILLIIAM and MARY (CAMPBELL) FULTON, was born on the home farm in Mt. Pleasant Township. When a young man he was united in marriage with JEMIMA J., daughter of BENJAMIN and REBECCA PINKERTON.He always followed agricultural pursuits on the old place, where his children were born as follows:
1. DAVID 2. MINERVA (wife of JOHN CHRISTIE) 3. W. P 4. GRETA O. 5. LULU M.
The father was a Democrat.In religion he was a member and liberal supporter of the Mt. Prospect Presbyterian Church. He and the wife of his youth lie side by side in the Mt. Prospect cemetery.
W. P. FULTON was born August 10, 1865, on the old home farm in Mt. Pleasant Township, this county, and attended the neighboring schools. In 1888 he took a trip West, remaining one year in Nebraska,then returning home settled in Hickory, this county. In March, 1891, he purchased the C. R. McCloy livery establishment, which he is now conducting.He is an active politician of the Democratic party.