I am a gg-granddaughter of William Riley Garrett and Rebecca Jane Waters.
William Riley Garrett, b. Dec 6, 1834 Rabun County, Ga.; d. Dec 6, 1926 DeKalb County, Alabama.Married Dec 2, 1856 Lumpkin County, Georgia to Rebecca Jane Waters.
Wm. Riley was the second born, after Juliann Margaret.
Wm. Riley and Rebecca Jane had [according to what was stated in the 1910 Monroe County, Tenn. census: she had 7 children, 3 survive.She had these other children in between the census, as I have the information on the census and none of these other children are listed in them.
He was drafted into the Georgia Confederate Army, but didn't serve as far as I can find.He joined the Union Army in Chattanoga, Tenn.He was a mason and also a horse shoer, blacksmith.
Their three sons are:
i.William Lewis Garrett [my great grandfather], b. May 5, 1858 Rabun County, Ga.; [forgot the death date, but he is buried in the same cemetery as his parents]; m. October 1, 1882 to Sarah Arrena [Rena] Stancil, b. Dec 10, 1860 Pickens Co. S. Carolina; d. Jan 19, 1931 Fyffe, DeKalb Co Ala.Her parents were Harve Stancil and Sarah Hudson.
1. Arthur James E. Garrett, b. Nov 17, 1881 Union Co. Ga; d. July 4, 1917 DeKalb Co. Ala.; m. Amanda Chapman.
2. Luther Garrett, b. Sept 30, 1883 Monroe Co. Tenn; d. Nov 27, 1967 Broadway, Rainsville, Ala.; m. Sara Jane Bryson.
3. Lula Garrett, b. Feb 1886 Union Co. Ga.; m. Luther Miller.
4. Lilly Garrett, b. Oct 8, 1890 Tenn.; d. July 6, 1966 Dade County, Ga.; m. Joe Gaddis.
5. Sanford Garrett, b. Aug. 27, 1894 Tenn.; d. Aug 26, 1975 Fort Payne, DeKalb County, Ala.; m. Feb. 11, 1917 to Mary Alma Dawson.
6. John Will Garrett, b. Nov 22, 1888 Monroe Co. Tenn; d. July 13, 1960 Broadway, Rainsville, Ala.; m. Bertha M. Collake.[They had numerous children and I think only 1 or 2 survived infancy.]
7. Vira Garrett, b. Aug 27, 1892; d. Nov 28, 1918 [in a train wreck with a car].m. Robert Brown.
8. Worth Riley Garrett [my grandfather]; b. Feb 12, 1896 Monroe County, Tenn.; he left the family in El Paso Texas and was never seen again, don't know when or where he died.; m. Dec 22, 1918 DeKalb Co. Ala to Lena Estella Hall, b. Feb 11, 1890 Cherokee Co Ala; d. May 15, 1969 El Paso, Texas.
9. Charlie Garrett, b. 1900 Monroe County, Tenn.; m. Lizzie Bryson.
10. Dorthy Garrett, no information.
ii. John Garrett, b. 1860. No other info on him.
iii. Joseph Gordon Garrett, b. Oct 14, 1866; d. Jan 9, 1962; m.  Ellen Waters,  Jincy Garrett.
1. Ethel Garrett, b. Feb 2, 1901; d. 1941; m. Lee Payne.
2. Rebecca Garrett, b. Sept 25, 1903; d. Jan 2001; m. Polie Dalton.
3. Myrtle Garrett, b. 1905; m. John Mullis.
4. Fred C. Garrett, b. Oct 3, 1909; d. 1985; m. Virgie Mae Douglas.
5. Bertha Garrett, b. Oct 1909; d. 1989; m. Vic Monday  Fred Collins.
6. Hubert Garrett, b. 1912; d. 1981; m. Ophelia "Dodie" Daleymple.
7. Renee Garrett, b. 1913; d. 1921.
8. Lula Garrett, b. May 1, 1915; d. July 2000; m. James E. McDonald.
As far as the Sam Garrett goes, I was given his name when I first started looking into the family lines 5 or 6 years ago.He was listed at the bottom below Willis, but no dates were listed.I quit listing him as a son a long time ago, figuring he died young.He isn't listed in any of the census I have seen, when he would have been a child.Wm. Martin and Jinny were married May 13, 1932 and Juliann Margaret was born Feb 19, 1833 and my gg-grandfather, Wm. Riley was born in 1834.I would believe this Sam Garrett to be Wm. Martin's younger brother first.Wm. Martin's father was also a William.He was listed in one of the census in Georgia staying with Wm. Martin and Jennie, along with his grandmother, Francis.
The wives of the Garrett children as I have them:
Juliann Margaret Garrett m. George Dockery.
Wm. Riley Garrett m. Rebecca Jane Waters.
Martin VanBuren Garrett m. Louraina Dockery [sister to George.
James Martin Garrett m. Amanda Grizzle.
Henry Eli Garrett, m. Harriet Dockery.
Jackson Garrett m. Hulda Woody.
Jasper Garrett m. Lydia Collins.
Albert Garrett m. Mary A. J. Seabolt.
Thomas Garrett m. Lucinda Magness.
John Garrett m. Charlotte [Charity] Postell.
Lewis D. Garrett m. Jane Matilda Radford.
George Garrett m. Amanda Irene Woody.
Willis Garrett?.There was a mix up on his wife and I don't remember who the cousins say it was now.
Sandra [Garrett] Owsley