Your Geer family line descends from John Geer (d. 1769) in Orange Co., NCas follows:
1. John GEER died 2 OCT 1769 of Orange Co., NC. He married MARTHA ABT 1735. She died BEF 7 DEC 1790 in Wake Co., NC.
2. David GEER was born ABT 1745 in North Carolina, and died BET 15 MAR AND 14 APR 1821 in Sparta, White Co., TN. He was buried in Sparta, White Co., TN. He married Susannah MADISON 3 JAN 1770 in Granville Co., NC, daughter of William (or Peyton) MADISON. She was born BEF 1755 in Granville Co., NC, and died ABT 1823 in of Sparta, White Co., TN.
3. Solomon GEER was born DEC 1775 in North Carolina, and died OCT 1851 in Anderson Co., SC. He married Nancy NICHOLS 23 MAY 1798 in Wake Co., NC. She was born BET 1775 AND 1784 in of Pendleton District (now Anderson Co.), SC, and died ABT 1827 in poss. Anderson Co., SC. He secondly married Jane WARNOCK ABT 1810, daughter of John WARNOCK and Eleanor DOWDLE. She was born 4 JAN 1789 in Andserson Co., SC, and died 1865.Solomon & Nancy had
4. John M. GEER was born BET 1807 AND 1808 in Pendleton District (now Anderson Co.), SC, and died in Lamar Co., TX. He married ELIZABETH ABT 1830 in Anderson Co., SC. She was born 1808 in South Carolina.
5. Lorenzo D. GEER was born 1840 in Georgia, and died 23 DEC 1882 in Arlington, Tarrant Co., TX. He married Sarah A. CLUBB 27 FEB 1862 in Red River Co., TX. She was born NOV 1840 in North Carolina.
6. William Carlos GEER was born 26 AUG 1862 in Texas, and died 1932 in Tarrant Co., TX. He was buried in Parkdale Cemetery, Arlington, Tarrant Co., GA. He married Ester Ann MARTIN 1887. She was born 24 NOV 1873 in Weatherford, Parker Co., TX, and died 11 JAN 1953 in Fort Worth, Tarrant Co., TX. She was buried in Parkdale Cemetery, Arlington, Tarrant Co., GA.
The key to your Geer line is the DNA that has linked descendants of Solomon Geer to descendants of David and Frederick Geer both sons of John Geer.Solomon Geer was missplaced in the 1923 Geer Genealogy as a descendant of George Geer of Connecticut, but DNA comparison to George Geer's descendants disprove that ancestry.
You can see the DNA results at http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/geer/resultshttp://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/geer/results
and the Geer DNA Project Patriarchs page at http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/geer/patshttp://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/geer/pats