I'm working on this same family. As you already know, Joab was born about 1810, possibly in Botetourt Co., VA; married 16 Apr 1829 in Botetourt Co., VA to Mary Ann Davis.By 1830 he moved to Madison Co., IN and was there till about 1842-42 and then moved to Kanawha Co., (W)VA by 1844.He died sometime after 1880.
1. Richard "Dick George, born April 1832, Dark County, OH; married 28 Oct 1855 Kanawha Co., (W)VA to Cynthie E. Spinks; he died 19 March 1907 Kanawha Co., WV.
2. William H. George, born 1842, Madison Co., IN; married 11 Jun 1868 Kanawha Co., WV to Rhoda Fanny Hoffman.
3. Harriet I. George, born 1844, Kanawha Co., (W)VA; married 11 Jun 1868 Kanawha Co., WV to Josiah E. Hoffman (brother to Rhoda)
4. Mary A. George, born 1846, Kanawha Co., WV; married 17 July 1865 Kanahwa Co., WV to William H. Herman.
5. John L. George, born June 1848, Kanawha Co., (W)VA; married 30 Jan 1874 Kanawha Co., WV to Vionella Pauley.
There is a William George in Botetourt Co., VA that married in 1779 I believe to a Snodgrass, don't info in front of me. I'm sure there is some connection but haven't figured it out yet.