I think we may have a match. I have been looking for Sarah's last name and family.
I also have David's will and tax documents that ID both he and Sarah.
What do you think
DAVID3 GEORGE, SR. (JESSE2, HENRY JACOB1)1 was born 1787 in South Carolina1, and died July 02, 1861 in Henry Co., Georgia1. He married SARAH ?1 Bef. 1812 in South Carolina1.
Notes for DAVID GEORGE, SR.:
David George source, Shirley Stephens, 10424 Windfall Court, Damascus MD 20872.
David siblings believed to be Caleb, Lavinia, Daniel, and Mahaly
David Jr. was named trustee in his fathers will.
1870 Henry Co., Georgia census and 1860 will Listed Slaves Mitchell (age 40), wife Mary (36), children Melissa(14), Benny(15), William(9), Mandi(7), Love(5), Katie(3) and Sallie(1)
Mintie (24), and her 4 children Prince (8), Epsa(6), Ath(3), and Reid(6 Mos) in Will.
Listed in Georgia Civil War depredation
Per 1850 (reflects born in North Carolina) & 1860 Henry Co., Georgia census Henry County Deed book A., pg 352: Joseph Baker of Jasper Co., sold to David George on 11/16/1822, 202 1/2 acres, Dist.. 11, Lot 228 for $120, recorded 9/17/1823. Witness Jesse George. R. Brown, J.P.
More About DAVID GEORGE, SR.:
Census: 1860, Household Head/Henry Co., Georgia1
Military service: October 10, 1778, Revolutionary War service
Property: September 17, 1823, Purchased 202 1/2 acres 11/16/1822 Dist 11, Lot #228 for $120 from Joseph Baker of Jasper Co. Henry Co. deed book A, p 352 Wit. Jesse George1
Residence: 1870, Brusha Knob Dist, Henry Co., Georgia1
Will: July 21, 1860, book 2960 at page 160/Henry Co., Georgia1
Notes for SARAH ?:
listed in Georgia Civil War depredation
per 1850 (Shows birth North Carolina 1797) & 1860 Henry County GA census
More About SARAH ?:
Census: 1860, residence #67/Henry Co., Georgia1
Residence: 1870, Brusha Knob District, Henry Co., Georgia1
Children of DAVID GEORGE and SARAH ? are:
17. i. MARGERET4 GEORGE, b. 1813, South Carolina; d. 1871, Haralson Co., Georgia.
18. ii. JOSHUA GEORGE, b. March 17, 1816, Edgefield, South Carolina; d. Aft. 1860.
19. iii. MARTHA GEORGE, b. March 17, 1816, South Carolina.
20. iv. HANSFORD DAVID GEORGE, b. Abt. 1818, Henry Co., Georgia; d. Aft. 1860, Rockdale Co, Georgia.
21. v. DAVID GEORGE, JR., b. Abt. 1820, Henry Co., Georgia; d. November 04, 1873, Henry Co., Georgia.
22. vi. MARY GEORGE, b. Abt. 1824, Georgia.
23. vii. JESSE NEWTON GEORGE, b. June 06, 1825, Henry Co., Georgia; d. November 30, 1890, Henry Co., Georgia.
24. viii. JENNINGS GEORGE, b. Abt. 1827, Georgia.
ix. LOUISA J. GEORGE1, b. Abt. 1828, Georgia1; m. (1) JOHN H. MARTIN, February 25, 1841, Coweta, Georgia; m. (2) PLEASANT P. JOHNSON1, December 31, 1846, McDonough, Henry Co., Georgia1.
Notes for PLEASANT P. JOHNSON:
1871, filed Civil War damage claim with Southern Claims Commission while living in East Point, Clayton Co., Georgia. Application did not go to hearing.
Marriage Notes for LOUISA GEORGE and PLEASANT JOHNSON:
per Henry Co., GA marriage records
x. NANCY A. GEORGE, b. 1832, Gwinnetta Co., Georgia; m. (1) ROBERT REID, March 30, 1850, Gwinnetta Co., Georgia; m. (2) JEREMIAH DAVIDSON, 1872, Gwinnetta Co., Georgia.
More About NANCY A. GEORGE:
Census: 1850, Henry Co., Georgia
25. xi. CAREY W. GEORGE, b. Abt. 1834, Georgia; d. Bef. 1880.
26. xii. ANDREW JACKSON GEORGE, b. Abt. 1838, Georgia; d. Texas.
xiii. SARAH A. GEORGE1, b. Abt. 1842, Georgia1; m. FRANCIS M. CLAYTON1, Aft. 1860, Georgia1.
Notes for SARAH A. GEORGE:
Listed in Georgia Civil War Depredation
More About SARAH A. GEORGE:
Census: 1850, Henry Co., Georgia
More About FRANCIS M. CLAYTON:
Census: 1860, Henry Co., Stockbridge, Georgia age 27