ooking for info on the following: William Clark b. abt 1851 Martha George Clark b. abt 1858
Harry Bauchman Clark b. 10/1901, d. 1972 Chatham Co., GA He ran away from home, joined military, was gone from Lancaster Co before 1920.
According to his death certificate (Harry Bauchman Clark), his parents are William Clark and Martha George. He was born in Lancaster County on 14 OCT 1901. He died in Savannah, Chatham County,Georgia on 27 JAN 1972. He always told his children (Jimmy, Harry B, Martha, Carol Jean, and Robert Burton) that his parents died when he was young in a flu epidemic and he was raised by a grandmother. He also stated he ran away from home and joined the military. According to his military records, his nearest living relative in 1920 was his mother, Martha Clark, living in Lititz, PA. It is possible he was in the navy before joining the army.
1. There is a William Clark, ticket agent/freight agent listed in the Lancaster Co directories up to the 1899-1900 directory.
2. There is a Martha Clark, widow of William, listed in the 1901 Lancaster City directory living alone on Beaver St.
3. William and Martha Clark listed on the 1880 Lancaster Co., census.
4. Martha Clark, hired girl, with Harry her son, on the 1910 census in Lancaster Co. She is listed as having had 6 children, 4 alive in 1910.
5. I believe Martha Clark remarried but her second husband's name is unknown. She had a daughter/step-daughter whose name was Elizabeth and her husband was Herman. Elizabeth died sometime during WW-II. Martha was still alive in Lititz, PA in 1920 according to Harry's military records.
Occassionally, Harry recieved a letter or visit from his cousin, Harry George, that called Harry B clark's mother, Aunt Martha. Other than that, there was no other contact with the family from Pennsylvania. My husband and his siblings and cousins would like to know their ancestors from PA. I have been unable to locate a birth certificate or any other information for this family.
Please help. I am stumped. I would like to solve this mystery before my father-in-law passes away.