The following is what I believe to be the Gleason connection for my husband, Len Dickinson.
1. Robert Leeson - b abt 1520 (or 1538?) Byfield, Northampton, Eng
2. Thomas Gleason - b 1547 Sulgrave, Northampton, Eng
3. Thomas Gleason - b 1755 Sulgrave, Northampton, Eng
4. Thomas Gleason - b 1607 (or 1611?) Sulgrave, Northampton, Eng
5. Thomas Gleason - b 1637 Sulgrave, Northampton, Eng
6. Thomas Gleason - b 1669 Sherborn, Middlesex, MA
7. Moses Gleason - b Dec 22, 1704 Sherborn, Middlesex, MA
8. Moses Gleason - b Jan 23 1738/39 Oxford, Worcester, MA
9. Moses Gleason - b July 12, 1762 Oxford, Worcester, MA
10. David Gleason - b aft 1792 ________ New York
11. Absalom Gleason - b Feb 16, 1817 Bethany, Genessee, NY
12. Ellen Gleason - b Oct 23, 1853 Aurora, Kane, IL
m Robert McGregor Dec 5, 1876 Alexandria, Thayer, NE
13. James Arthur McGregor - b August 15, 1880 Haddam, Washington, KS
14. Virginia Ruth McGregor - b July 16, 1916
m Jack Dickinson February 20, 1934 Lincoln, Lancaster, NE
15. Lennard Mac Dickinson - b Sept 18, 1951 Wahoo, Saunders, NE (my husband)
I have just established the Absalom - David Gleason connection, and I have verfied the more recent generations from there.Is this information any other Gleason you know might be interested in?The earlier generation information I have gathered from various sources and I'm hoping that I have everything correct.Can anyone correct?Also, does anyone know where I might get information that would flesh out these names and dates and tell the Gleason "story" a little more fully?Does youone have a ged.com file or other information they might be willing to share that includes this line?
I have been reading the Gleason genforum for awhile now and appreciate all the good informatoin it has provided.Thanks!
Jule Goeller Dickinson