Researching my Gleason line. Would like to connect with other's from this line to share info. Please contact me @ email@example.com
JOHN GLEASON was born 1814 in Tipperary, County Mayo,Ireland, and died October 10, 1889 in Alden Township, McHenry County, IL (nearby Harvard and Woodstock,IL).John was orphaned about 1820 and came to the US as a young boy. He parents and siblings names are unknown. John first resided in New York where he met and married ELLEN CLARK prior to 1858 in Lockport, New York.She was born 1829 in County Mayo, Ireland, and died December 03, 1899 in Harvard, McHenry County, IL.The couple had five childen as follows:
1. CATHERINE ELIZABETH GLEASON (Donovan), b. October 30, 1858, Alden Township, McHenry County, IL; d. January 12, 1938, Alden Township, McHenry County, IL. She married MICHAEL FRANCIS DONOVAN July 01, 1875 in St. Joseph's Catholic Church, Harvard, IL, son of JOHN DONOVAN and HANARAH SWEENEY.He was born July 04, 1844 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, and died January 16, 1928 in Alden Township, McHenry County, IL. Their children: Michaeal Alfonse, John Francis, Timothy Vincent, Francis Daniel,Benedict, Mary Elizabeth, Margaret, Raymond, Edmond, James Herbert, Gilbert Joseph,William Henry and three others that dies in infacy: Matthew Sylvester, Elizabeth Luella and Margaret May. The children resided in McHenry County, Chicago and Rockford, IL.
2. "MAGGIE" MARGARET JANE GLEASON (Hoban), b. November 28, 1864, Alden Township, McHenry County, IL; d. May 06, 1941, Harvard or Chemung, McHenry County, IL. She married ANTHONY J. HOBAN April 26, 1888 in McHenry County, IL,son of MR HOBAN and UNKNOWN.He was born 1856 in Ireland, and died 1916 in McHenry County, IL. Their children:Sylvester James, James "Vincent", Francis E amd John.The family lived in Chumung, Harvard, IL area. Son Frank is thought to have married Mae (nee?) and had a daughter Lorraine, moved to Peoria, IL.
3. JOHN J GLEASON, b. 1859, Alden Township, McHenry County,IL; d. October 08, 1932, Alden Township, McHenry County,IL. .He married MARY ANN NOLAN November 23, 1887 in Harvard, McHenry County,IL, daughter of JOHN NOLAN and MARY WARD.She was born 1857 in Alden Township, McHenry County,IL, and died February 25, 1932 in Alden Township, McHenry County,IL.Their children:Dominick Francis, Agnes B (married Howard Slavin),Catherine Elizabeth (married George Slavin), Mary Catherine (married Thomas King)
4. THOMAS GLEASON, b. Abt. 1865, Alden Township, Illinois; d. May 09, 1908, Harvard, McHenry County,IL.Marital Status: never married.
5. JAMES F GLEASON, b. November 14, 1869, Alden, McHenry County, IL (vdob 1870); d. October 16, 1922, Harvard, McHenry County, Illinois. He married JULIA AGNES SULLIVAN November 03, 1898 in McHenry County, IL, daughter of DANIEL SULLIVAN.She was born January 10, 1879 in Alden Township, Mchenry County, IL, and died August 22, 1931 in Harvard, McHenry County, IL.Their Children:Evelyn M., Helen, Monica Veronica, Clifford,Thomas, Ilene, Harold. Clifford was last known to live in Indiana.