My best guess, and I clearly can't say how good it is, is that this might be J.W. Gulledge son of William Gulledge and Martha Brock.
J.W. was born 24 Jun 1853 and I have not identified who he married.He came from a large family that started in soputh Carolina, and moved down through Alabama, Georgia and by some accounts ended up in florida.
You may find many postings on internet sources claiming that William and Martha Brock were from Ireland, but that is incorrect. They were both from SC as is clearly indicated on the 1880 census.I have not identified William's father yet, but do have his siblings and his mother's given name of Mary, all from SC.
Here is a listing of the siblings of J.W.:
1. William D. Gulledge (b.20 May 1826-Chesterfield,Chesterfield Co,South Carolina;d.2 Nov 1884-Barbour Co,Alabama)
sp: Martha A. Brock (b.7 Jan 1829-Chesterfield,Chesterfield Co,South Carolina;m.Abt 1845;d.21 Oct 1884-Barbour Co,Alabama)
2. William J. Gulledge (b.24 Oct 1846-Chesterfield Co,Sc;d.14 Jul 1933-Daleville,Dale Co,al)
sp: Susan O. Hughes (b.<1855>-Ga;m.24 Jan 1866)
2. Benjamin Newton Gulledge (b.13 Jan 1849-Georgia;d.Aft 1880-Barbour Co,al)
sp: Holly Apsilla Strickland (b.Abt 1847-North Carolina;m.9 Jan 1868;d.Aft 1880-Barbour Co,al)
2. Susan Gulledge (b.23 Mar 1851-Barbour Co,al;d.23 Mar 1851-Barbour Co,al)
2. Eliza Caroline Gulledge (b.23 Mar 1851-Barbour Co,al;d.9 Aug 1884-Maytown,Fl)
2. Mary Jane Gulledge (b.24 Jun 1853-Barbour Co,al;d.9 Aug 1916-Clinton,Sc)
2. J.W. Gulledge (b.24 Jun 1853-Barbour Co,al)
2. John Thomas Gulledge (b.19 Nov 1855-Barbour Co,Alabama;d.10 Dec 1926-Clinton,Sc)
sp: Lucinda Aurilla Strength (b.18 Jan 1853-Alabama;m.20 Oct 1874;d.9 May 1934-Clinton,Sc)
2. Temperance Ellen Gulledge (b.26 Apr 1858-Barbour Co,al;d.5 Jun 1943-Barbour Co,al)
sp: William "Bill" J. Sutton (b.Abt 1856-Barbour Co,al;m.20 Jul 1879)
2. James E. Gulledge (b.26 Apr 1858-Barbour Co,al;d.4 Oct 1858-Barbour Co,al)
2. Charles McDonald Gulledge (b.30 Nov 1859-Barbour Co,al;d.19 May 1861-Barbour Co,al)
2. Sarah Ann Gulledge (b.23 Jun 1862-Barbour Co,al)
2. Dockler Franklin Gulledge (b.12 Oct 1863-Barbour Co,al;d.Abt 1863-Barbour Co,al)
2. W. "Annie" Gulledge (b.19 Aug 1866-Barbour Co,al)
sp: John Covington (b.Abt 1862-Dale Co,al;m.14 Jul 1887)
2. Ella Gulledge (b.Abt 1867-Barbour Co,al;d.Abt 1867-Barbour Co,al)
2. Cordelia Gulledge (b.Abt May 1870-Florida;d.Abt 1940-Florida)
2. Edward "Eddie" Gulledge (b.18 Jun 1872-Al;d.1948-Florida)
sp: Mary Josephine "Mollie" Clark (b.1876-Louisville,Alabama;m.17 May 1894;d.1966-Clinton,Sc)
HUSBAND - William D. Gulledge
WIFE - Martha A. Brock
BIOGRAPHY: known brother James Gregory Brock, b. 19 Oct 1822 in Chesterfield Co, SC Death in Barbour Co, AL.James Brock is buried at Pea River Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Barbour Co, Alabama.He was born 10/19/1822 and died 5/16/1883.He married (abt 1844 in Chesterfield) Martha Jane Teal Birth: 11 Aug 1830 in Chesterfield Co, SC Death: 3 Jul 1886 in Barbour Co, AL and they had 13 children.Martha Jane TEAL/Brock is buried at Pea River Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Barbour Co, Alabama.Dates shown match dates on marker.
CHILD1 - William J. Gulledge
CHILD5 - Mary Jane Gulledge
BIOGRAPHY: Wonder if this applies??-> Seeking descendants of John M. Wilks and wife, Mary Gulledge, who lived in Pike County, AL, in mid-1850's and are buried at Good Hope Church near Troy.
CHILD7 - John Thomas Gulledge
Please forgive any errors you might find.I have not had time to fully verify all of the info found herein.This material may be freely used and distributed by individuals.Commercial use of this material is forbidden and will be prosecuted.
CHILD15 - Cordelia Gulledge
BIOGRAPHY: I believe this Florida born child was added to this family erroneously.There is no record of this child on the 1880 census for this family.Along with the Edward Gulledge of 1872 also born Florida that seems erroneously added and merged with the known Eddy Gulledge of 1865 that is of this Alabama family.Ella, which shows born in Al. also shows died before the census, and thus understandably is not on the census listing
Hope this helps.Good hunting