Researching HADDENS and WILSONS of southern Co. Tyrone, including:
Archibald HADDEN of Lough Park who married Elizabeth WILSON of Clenaneese, 25 June 1816 (registered at Aughnacloy, Carnteel Parish, Co. Tyrone).
Source: Aughnacloy Presbyterian Church register, Carnteel Parish, Co. Tyrone, from microfilm MIC/1P/38-4 at PRONI (Public Record Office of Northern Ireland) researched by Ann Allen.
Archibald HADDEN is believed to have been born about 1785, the son of Joseph HADDEN and Frances ARMSTRONG of Ballygawley and Goland. Nothing is known about Archibald's wife Elizabeth WILSON's family, and any information on the WILSONS of Clenaneese/Clonaneese in Co. Tyrone would be helpful.
Several children of Archibald Hadden and Elizabeth Wilson were listed in Aughnacloy baptisms. We know further biographical details on some:
1. Hanna, daughter to Archibald Hadden of Armaloughey - baptised 1817 (probably died young, with another daughter given the same name in 1823)
2. Anne, daughter to Archibald Hadden of Armaloughey - baptised 1818 (nothing further known)
3. William, son to Archibald Hadden of Armaloughey - baptised 1821 (was in Canada in 1844 at sister Hannah's marriage and probably remained there)
4. Hannah, daughter to Archibald Hadden of Armaloughey - baptised 1823 (married George Montgomery in 1844 in Ontario and has many descendants)
5. Elizabeth, daughter to Archibald Hadden of Ballygawley - baptised 1826 (married Samuel Mitchell in 1849 in Baltimore Co., Maryland, and has descendants, but not all are known)
Other children of Archibald Hadden and Elizabeth Wilson were:
6. Joseph Archibald Hadden - born 1833 (emigrated to Canada in 1850, married, died Ontario 1909. Descendants, if any, are unknown)
7. James Hadden, possibly a son - probably born 1820s (said to have remained in Ireland and lived at Lough Park, Goland townland, which was home of several generations of HADDENS. Nothing further known.)