Sarah (Sally) FISHEL was born 22 Feb 1813 at present day Davidson County, North Carolina.She was the fifth of eight known children of Johan Philip (went by Philip) FISHEL (1782-1850) and Rachael Elizabeth MILLER FISHEL (1783-1855).
Sarah married David HANES on 10 Nov 1829 at Davidson County, North Carolina.David was born c1810 in North Carolina, the son of Philip HANES (1778-1827) and Susannah FREY (1784-1845).
Sarah died on 04 Jan 1862 at Davidson County and is buried at the Good Hope United Methodist Church Cemetery, at Reedy Creek, Davidson County, North Carolina.After Sarah died David remarried to Nancy RIPPLE (b. c1835) on 22 Nov 1864 at Davidson County, North Carolina.
It is not known when or where David or Nancy died or where they are buried.Either appears to be listed on the 1880 census, although Nancy may have remarried after David died.
In 1850 David, Sally and the first six children were living at the Northern Division, Family 712, Davidson County, North Carolina.In 1860 David, Sally, and children: Elizabeth, Franklin, Williard and Lenora were living at the Northern Division, Family 263, Davidson County, North Carolina.In 1870 David, his second wife Nancy (age 35, born NC), Williard, Lenora and two children by Nancy (Mary, age 5 and Mattie, age 3) were living at Yadkin Township, Page 234, Davidson County, North Carolina.
The known children of David and Sarah were:
1. Jonathan HANES b. 1834
Is this the Jonathan HANES (01 Feb 1833 - 04 Jan 1900), buried at Mt. Olivet in Davidson County?Wife was Susan (1841-1914).Did he marry Susanna LEATHERMAN on 17 Jun 1857 at Davidson Co., NC?
2. Charlotte Hanes, b. 1835, nothing known
3. Christian Hanes, b. 1837, nothing known, did he marry Barbary TEMPLE on 11 May 1858 at Davidson Co., NC?
4. Susannah Hanes, b. 1839, nothing known, did she marry Phillip HANES on 20 Aug 1857 at Davidson Co., NC?
5. Elizabeth HANES, b. 1848, Married: Thomas S. MARSHALL?
6. Franklin HANES, (1850-???), married Catherine HILL on 10 Oct 1867 at Davidson Co., NC; Frank is buried at Good Hope
7. Williard HANES, b. 1852, nothing known
8. Lenora HANES, b. 1854, nothing known, did she marry Ronzay WEAVER on 22 Jan 1878 at Davidson Co., NC?
Buried around Sarah at Good Hope Cemetery are David HANES (15 Feb 1841 - 12 Jan 1842), Thomas HANES (04 Dec 1838 - 20 Feb 1843), Sarah HANES (11 Mar 1843 - 17 Apr 1847) and Catarley HANES (01 Apr 1845 - Dec 1848).Were these children of David and Sarah?It seems likely given the gaps in ages between their listed eight children.
If anyone has any information on this family to trade please contact me.Dan_Stevenson@sparta.com