Amusingly, on my mom's side, we've got two sides traced back to the 1500s....but my dad's side is sorely lacking in any good feedback. My aunt posted about this a couple years ago - I thought I would update, just in case.
Also - Harkness / Upchurch in recent generations would be helpful too.
Richard William Harkness Buried Arcadia, Louisiana D. May 30, 1950 (my great grandfather) married Laura Brown Buried Arcadia, Louisiana D. Abt age 38 - no further information on either
They spawned 10 Children (apparently they were enjoying something!)
1. Frank T. Harkness married Mabel Ruth Wilkinson 1a. Anna Laura (married Lawson Wilder; children: Ann, Jill, Lawson A Jr.) 1b. Frank (married Beverly Boden; children: Tom, Lurene, Ann)
2. David P. Harkness married Evelyn ? 2a. Gus (married Janet? children: ?)
3. Gus Harkness married Lula Holman 3a. Geraldine (married Bill Sweatman; children: Bill, married Gloria?) 3b. Joann (married Charles 'Skeeter' L. Davis; children: Kevin)
4. James Harkness married Nobie?
5.Laurie M. Harkness married Enid ? 5a. Danny (married Trudy?; children?) 5b. Robert (married Debbie?; children: 2 girls, 1 boy?)
6. Lewis Harkness married Letitia Ware 6a. Sandra (married Robert Tuttle; children?) 6b. Lenda (?)
7. Letcher Harkness married Alta Upchurch (my line) 7a. William (married Francis; child: Debra; married Linda; children: Marc Allen ?) 7b. Dorothy/deceased 1991 (married ? children: Chris, Don, Melissa Ann, Dianne); 7c. Margery (married ? Caseras; children: Sherry, Karen, Mike, Rick); 7d. Linda (married Ben Hunter; child: Jeff) 7e. Robert Jerry (married Jean Rhea; children: Stacey (me), David, Kevin); 7f. Richard (married/ divorced/ no children?)
8. Lloyd Harkness married Jessie ? 8a. Sue Anna (married Ted Holland; children: Laura Sue, Tom, Sherry)
9.Maude Harkness married DeWitt Pyburn 9a. David (married Marion; children: Dewitt, Frank, Bob, Judy) 9b. Leon (deceased)
10. William Harkness - drowned age 5
Letcher Harkness married Alta Upchurch
I have these names but not sure of their chronology:
James & Rachel
Samuel Grady Upchurch
Emma Gertrude (Alta's mother)
Mable & Pearl
Aylmer ('Uncle Bud') Upchurch married Carolyn Dobbs ('Aunt Duddah') Upchurch
Carolyn and Aylmer's son is/was named Johnny Dobbs. He was reportedly linked to Liberace at some point, vague family rumor: he was gay, he was Liberace's hoursekeeper.
Any assistance as to the parents and line of Richard WIlliam Harkness would be GREATLY appreciated.