US Senator and Governor-General of the Philippines; born 1873, died 1957. One of four children of Burton Norvell Harrison, lawyer, and his wife, Constance Cary, novelist and Civil War heroine (married 1867, St Ann's Church, Morrisania, the Bronx, New York).
Francis Burton Harrison married 6 times ...
(1) Mary Crocker, granddaughter of Charles Crocker, founder of the Central Pacific Railroad; married NYC, NY, 7 June 1900; died in an automobile accident, age 23, in 1905. Two children: Barbara (Mrs Lloyd Bruce Wescott) and Virginia (Mrs Marius de Zayas).
(2) Mabel Judson, formerly Mrs Cox: married All Soul's Church, Portland Square, London, England, 16 Jan 1907, divorced 1918. Three children, including Burton Norvell Harrison 2nd and Dolly Harrison.
(3) Salena Elizabeth Wrentmore: daughter of an American professor teaching in the Philippines: married Manila, Philippines, 15 May 1919, divorced 1927. Three children, including Francis Burton Harrison, Jr (aka Kiko).
(4) Margaret Wrentmore, sister of Wife #3: married 8 April 1927, divorced 1933. One child, Norvell, who died at age 14, in an automobile accident in Arizona; Margaret Wrentmore Harrison killed herself soon after her son's death, the result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
(5) Doria Lee, formerly Mrs Batchelor: English divorcee. Married Alexandria, Egypt, 19 Nov 1935, divorced 1948 (she then married Harrison's aide-de-camp, Colonel Mason). One daughter.
(6) Maria Teresa Larrucea: Basque Spaniard. Married 5 Mar 1949, widowed 1957. No children.