Noticed you were interested in finding info on Irwin as the father to James Baton/Baten Hataway. Irwin and Amos are listed on the Administrator Bonds of Glascock, GA. The url I sent to Clyde Jerry Hataway too.
It might be worth looking into further if you have the resources.The url is
I just found a new wrinkle in mine, the info isn't documented but there's a William Tolbert HATTAWAY that married Jane PAGE in GA and there was a direct descendant of them named Rufus N., address Granbury, TX from the LDS...
Hope to locate him and get more info.
It shows 'if correct' William born 1823 in Washington,GA and Death:5 Aug 1864
Newnan, Cowetta, Ga. Burial:Newnan, Cowetta, Ga., C.w. Dead Cm.
Jane was Born:Apr 1830Place:, Washington, Ga. Died:Jul 1906Place:, Trrnt, Tx. Buried:Place:Rendon, Trrnt, Tx., Rendon Cm.
they did and so did their children live inAL for a period of time, some staying and others later moving.
William was listed on an Alabama Census as William HATHAWAY and Jane PAGE as parents of my George Washington Hataway/Hattaway.(notice the spelling variations).
He's also listed with these children on the above genchart from Rufus N.
The children listed were:
1. Louanna Augusta Jane HATTAWAY b.1845,Macon, GA, buried Tuscaloosa, AL
2. John HATTAWAY b.1853 Macon, GA
3. George W HATTAWAY b. 1854 Macon, GA*
4. Franklin HATTAWAY b. 1858 Coffee Co, AL*
5. William B. HATTAWAY b. 1850 Macon, GA d. bef. 1860
6. Tolbert B. HATTAWAY b. Oct 1858, Coffee Co, AL* d. aft 1918, Trrnt, TX buried Rendon Trrnt, TX.
7. Lillie Anna Elizabeth HATTAWAY b.15 Mar 1861,Coffee Co, AL* d. 2 Feb 1941 Trrnt, TX
buried Rendon Cem, Trrnt, TX.
8.Martha J. (Mattie) HATTAWAY b. 1855, Macon, GA, d. 1916/1919 Terrell, Kaufman TX
buried Terrell, Kaufman TX m. Tom LATHAM
9. Thomas Francis Marion "Mae" HATTAWAY, b. 29 Sep 1847 Macon,GA, d. Aft 1900, Columbiana, Shelby, AL.
10. Isaiah B "Bate" HATTAWAY b.Dec 1852 Macon, GA d. aft. 1930 Johnson, TX m. Mary L?
So, back to the drawing board and deeper searches...lol.
Do you know this Rufus N of Granbury TX?
Do you recognize anyone?