I am a descendant of Johann Friederick (Fritz) HELMICH (1828 – 1882) who farmed at Mt. Sterling, Gasconade Co., MO. I would like any information about his parents or siblings.
Fritz Helmich emigrated to the U.S. about 1828-1846 while he was a minor from Prussia with his parents.He was married to Caroline Badde on August 10, 1853 in St. Louis, MO.In March 17, 1858, we show him having purchased land in Mt. Sterling, Gasconade Co., MO where he settled to farm.In August 15, 1867 Fritz, married Louise Friedericke Henriette Brinkman.
Fritz and Caroline had:
1) CHRISTIANHELMIG, b. May 18, 1858, Gasconade Co., MO; d. September 08, 1932, Gasconade Co., MO; m. (1) IDA BASCOM; m. (2) MARY BROWN, April 08, 1883, Gasconade Co., MO.
2) MINNIE HELMIG, b. September 24, 1859, MO; d. April 05, 1925, Bay, Gasconade Co., MO; m. FRIEDRICK HILKERMANN, May 23, 1878, Gasconade Co., MO.
3) BERTHA HELMIG, b. August 19, 1863,MO; d. 1951.m. (1) FRIEDRICH WILHELM DEPPE November 02, 1882 m. (2) ALBERT AUGUST GREUNKE 1914,
4) AUGUST HELMIG, b. May 05, 1865, Gasconade Co. MO; d. April 07, 1937, Judge, Osage Co., MO; m. MARY JANE DUNCAN, July 15, 1886, Boegers Store,Linn, Osage Co. MO.
Fritz and Louise had:
5) WILLIAM FREDERICK HELMIG, b. October 06, 1867, Gasconade Co., MO; d. April 23, 1920, Mt Sterling, Gasconade Co., MO; m. MARTHA ANN BUTLER, February 14, 1896, Osage Co., MO.
6) FREDERICK H. HELMICH, b. March 1875, MO; d. 1942, Gasconade Co., MO; m. FANNIE ELIZABETH BRANSON, November 30, 1908, Gasconade Co., MO.
7) HERMAN HELMIG, b. April 1881.
It is said thru family history that he has seven brothers, which is currently not in our records.
Does anyone know anything more the Helmich, Helmig, or Helmig from the Gasconade Co., or Osage Co., MO.Or anything about Helmich’s in Missouri, who might be apart of this lineage?
I would appreciate any information on this lineage.
Fay C. Mesa