Most Heramb reasearchers out there (like myself) descend from Neils and Louisa (Berg) Heramb who emigrated to the USA from Norway in 1867 and settled in Chicago in 1874, but I've come across others in Chicago that I cannot place.Are these other Herambs related to Neils and Louisa Heramb? The Herambs are as follows:
1. Adloph T. Heramb: died in Chicago on July 27, 1896 at the age of 62.Was he a younger brother of Neils Heramb (1816 - 1908)?The 1880 and 1890 Chicago City Directories list Adolph and Carrie Heramb working as a smelter and a dressmaker respectively.Carrie, possibly also known as Anne, died in Chicago on March 22, 1894 at the age of 60.
2. August Heramb (possibly variant of Gustave?): appears on the 1890 Voteres Registration for Chicago at 391 Homer Streat along with Axel Heramb indicating a likely relationship between the two.In 1890 August had been living in Cook County and Illinois for 21 years.For the 1892 Voters Registration August was living at 194 Randolph Street.
3. Axel Heramb: Appears with August Heramb at same address for 1890 Voters Registration; was at 66 Clarkston for the 1892 Voters Registration.Axel Heramb died in Chicago on March 10, 1910 at the age of 43.Could he be a son of Neils and Louisa (Berg Heramb) or possibly of Adolph and Carrie Heramb?
4. Cora Heramb: born in Chicago on February 20, 1908
5. Gustave Heramb: Appears at the same address as August Heramb for the 1892 Voters Registration; indicated had lived in Cook County 11 years and the state for 30 years.
6. Harry R. Heramb: Died in Chicago on February 19, 1895 at the age of two years, putting his date of birth at 1892/3. Whose son was he?
7. Mabel B. Heramb: Born in Chicago on May 7, 1887; whose child is she?
8. Mae L. Heramb: Born in Chicago on August 21, 1906; whose child is she?
9. Ole Heramb: appears on the 1890 Voters Registration near Huron and 71st; indicated he had lived in Cook County and the state for 6 years; was naturalized in Cook County Court in 1888.
10. Valber M. Heramb: Died in Chicago on February 24, 1890 at the age of 17; could he be a son of Neils and Louisa (Berg) Heramb or Adolph and Carrie Heramb?
Curious to hear what anyone has or knows about these unplaced Herambs.More than happy to share what I have on my own branch of the Herambs with other researchers.