This is a follow-up to my Hoag posting of 19 October 2001 regarding Mrs. Frances Elizabeth (Hoag) Berrey.
I am a 2nd great-grandson of Mrs. Frances Elizabeth (Hoag) Berrey. I am seeking any information regarding her background.
From my own ancestral records and research conducted over the years, I have very little information regarding Ms. Frances Elizabeth Hoag's parents, brothers & sisters, and earlier relatives.
This is what I know to be factual information:
1. Born: 31 August 1837, Dutchess County, New York
2. Died: 13 August 1915, City of Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California. Laid to rest at Sunnyside Cemetery, City of Long Beach, CA. One of her sons- Walter Henry Berrey, is laid to rest with her (died: 1923). Frances died from complications of "chronic nephitis" (uremia). She died about 2:00 PM, Friday afternoon, 13 August 1915. Her medical doctor was Dr. R. L. Buffum.
3. Her last known address was at 815 Gladys Street (1903-1915), City of Long Beach, CA.
4. She married Reuben Berrey, in 1858, City of Toronto, Ontario Province, Canada.
She is a graduate of the Normal University, in the City of Toronto. At the time, Reuben was a teacher at the same university.
1. Honorable Reuben Berrey (England, 1835; Colorado Springs, CO, 1899): Englishman; college graduate (Toronto, Ontario); staunch Republican supporter & newspaper editorial writer (attended the 1868 Republican National Convention, Chicago, IL); Perry County, Illinois Civil War veteran (4 yrs); school-teacher, newspaper editor & writer (15 yrs); Elbert County hereford stockraiser (10 yrs); El Paso County Superintendent of Schools, Colorado (8 yrs); Colorado silver prospector & stokebroker (5 yrs); Church of England, First Presbyterian Church.
2. Mrs. Frances Elizabeth (Hoag) Berrey (Dutchess County, NY, 1837; City of Long Beach, CA, 1915): direct ancestral lineage to John Hoag (1643-1728); college graduate (Toronto, Ontario); staunch supporter & advocate for the Abolitionist Movement and the Womens' Suffrage Movement (life)- exact look alike of Susan B. Anthony; leader & financial advisor for the Berrey family (55 yrs); Society of Friends (Quaker), First Presbyterian Church.
Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!