Karen - Yes, Sarah and Margaret were sisters.Both Abel Hoff's will, and his wife Mary's will, mentioned Margaret, wife of Abraham Butts, and Sarah, wife of Joseph Mackey.
The best I have been able to piece together the family is as follows:
1. Benjamin Hoff +Sara
2. Abel Hoff +Mary Insley
3. Margaret Hoff +Abraham Butts
4. Margaret Butts +Alexander Vannatta
4. Philip Butts (my ggrandfather) +Hannah Casterline +Caroline Wilden
4. Henry Butts
4. Abraham Butts
4. Catherine Butts +Peter Rhoads
4. John Butz (died in Civil War)
3. Catherine Hoff +William Merritt
3. John Hoff
4. Benjamin Hoff +Margaret +Rosetta Miller
3. Sarah Hoff +Joseph Mackey
4. William Mackey
3. Mary Hoff +Jeremiah Mackey
2. John Hoff
2. Sarah Hoff +Peter Young Jr.
If you have any corrections, please let me know. Sorry if this is hard to read, apparently GenForum does not indent, but generations are numbered i.e. 1,2,3,4.If you would like me to email you transcriptions of the wills, just contact me and I will send out.