Hello! Possible cousins!
(1) My HULEN line is: William HULEN b. (?) d. 1785/1786 Wilkes Co. NC
Married Sarah ___?
(2) Mary (Polly) HULEN b. 30 June 1775, VA d. 24 July 1842 Bicknell, Knox Co. IN.
Married John BICKNELL b. 3 Oct 1770, NC d. 9 Mar 1845 Bicknell, Knox Co. IN.
(3)Sarah (Sally) BICKNELL b. 1 Ost 1800, KY. married 1 Apr 1817 Knox Co. IN to Robert BUCKLES b. 1783 d. 23 Mar 1834 Edwardsport, Knox Co. IN.
In my little hands I have "The Background of the HULEN family. The Search for a
Family Tree" by Amos B. HULEN (Deceased)1974Bridgeport, Conn." His son Richard L. HULEN sent this to me in 1984 with this comment about his brother Amos B. HULEN: Amos B. HULEN was an ordained Christian Minister. Rec'd his PHD in religion at Yale. As far as I know He was the first of my immediate family to work on the HULEN Genealogy."
It containes a limited history: France, England, Sweden,America (MA,RI), The Carolinas, KY, MO. Also variations and history of the surname HULEN. Has ships names also.
If any of you would like to have a copy, let me know. It is about 21 pages. It must be part of a larger book. Richard did not send that to me. He passed away Dec 10, 1994 in TX.
I'm going to extract the info because of space.
John Hulen and Peggy ___? married before 1788. Lived in Wilkes Co. NC
Oldest children born there. They went to Madison Co. KY before 1801.
John HULEN died in Madison Co. KY in 1804. Their Children were:
1. William,b. March 22, 1788 Wilkes Co. NC Married 1811 Mary Elizabeth SWAIN in Madison Co. He died in CA 1866.
2. Ambrose,b. 1789 Wilkes Co. NC Married June 27, 1812 Sarah "Sally" KEELING, dau of Leonard KEELING. Died in 1849. Children: Sabina; Keeling T; Mahulda; America; Newell C.; Ambrose W.Jr; James Jackson; Francis M; Juliann and Amos B.
3. Taylor, b. 1795 Wilkes Co. NC Married Jan 8, 1815 Estill Co. KY to Elizabeth Boggs. Children: Thomas A. b. 1839; Taylor B. b. 1823, John A. b. 1816, Indiana. (there is a hand written notation in margin: "Page 29 marr. book"
4. Charles b. 1801 Madison Co. KY Married 1821 Estill Co. KY to Elizabeth HENDREN.
In Audrain Co. MO, 1850. Children: John b. 1831; James b. 1835; Taylor Hendren b.1824. All born in KY.
5. Milly, Married John BARNES (handwritten notation-"Marriage 1809-1852 Estill Co. KY
Book A page 5")
6. Charlotte, Married Henry NOLAND
7. Sally, married William GESS
8. John Calvin, b. Jan 6, 1803, Madison Co. KY married March 1, 1824 Sally BRUTON. Died Dec 29, 1883 in Boone Co. MO. Children: David Bruton, Enoch,James, William, Thomas (twins); John, Charles B.; Mary Jane;
Sallie Ann; Kitty;Nannie;Amanda;Henry Clay;Narcissus;Absolom.
I sincerely hope this helps you.Pat.