Didn't get an email if you tried to send one.
I did go through all my Hydrick notes today and found your family.I actually have a lot on them, and would still suggest we get together so you can go through it all and decide what you want to record for your own records, but basically here is the run down:
Ella Emogene Hydrick daughter of John W. Hydrick and Martha "Ora" Lawrence Hydrick.I have made a note that John W. Hydrick lived in Lone Wolf, Oklahoma, along with his brother James D. Hydrick.I am not certain if they went to Oklahoma for only a time, and came back to Arkansas, because that is all my note (scribble, really) contained.Since you say he died in 1952, and is buried in Pleasant Hill Cem., then I would suppose he came back to Arkansas...unless they just brought him back for burial?What do you know on Ora Lawrence?I found only a bit, which is below.
John W. Hydrick was the son of James N. or H. (I have seen it with both a middle initial of N. and H., but never together) Hydrick and Priscilla Emeline Henderson (I believe she went by "Emeline").I will tell you about the Henderson's in a moment.James N. Hydrick married more than one time...three, I believe.He married Sarah R. Perry, who was a widow at the time with the last name of Greenwood.They married about 1855 in Poinsett Co., AR.She was the daughter of Rolls Perry and Matilda Shaver.I have a ton on the Shaver's, and in a moment you will see that you probably come off the Shaver line, also, from a different person.I don't have the name of the 1st wife, and I believe Sarah was the second, with your ancestor, Emeline, being the 3rd wife.James N. Hydrick and Emeline had these children:
1. John W. Hydrick, b: Oct. 1867, Cherry Valley, AR.It was thought by Dallas Ellis, another Hydrick researcher, that John died in OK.You will have to tell me what you know about this...so we can be certain this is infact your John W.I would think it would have to be since he married a Lawrence.Plus, the birthdate seems to fit with what you told me about him dying in 1952 at the age of 84.Dallas Ellis records Ora's name as Ora "Mo" Lawrence.This familiar to you?Did she go by MO?Perhaps for Martha?Or the M. for Martha and O. for Ora?John and Ora married 23 May 1892 in Cross Co., AR.She was the daughter of Robert Lawrence and Sarah Shaver.There's your Shaver connection.There is a book on the Shavers, and I have copied the chapter on the Hydrick and Shaver connections, if you are interested.I don't have anything more on the Lawrence's, but perhaps there was something in the Shaver book that I didn't know to xerox?I found the book on microfilm at the Mesa Family History Center, and I can get that film number for you if you think you may go down there to take a peek.
2. James D. Hydrick, b: 1874, Cherry Valley. d: unknown.Married Lula Mullins, June 6, 1896, Cross Co., AR.Another note of mine shows that perhaps James D. Hydrick was seperated from his wife.Not sure on that one.
3. Dovie L. Ann Hydrick, b: Jan 5, 1878, Cherry Valley, AR.d: unknown.Married George D. Hitower or Hightower.They had two children.
Child of John W. Hydrick and Ora Lawrence:
Emma Hydrick, born Nov. 1890, Cross Co., AR, d: after 1868 in Arizona?Is this your grandmother, Ella Emogene Hydrick?Emma is the only child I have recorded for John W. and Ora Hydrick.
Let me take you back another generation now.Remember that John W. Hydrick was son of James H. or N. Hydrick and Emeline Henderson.Well, the Henderson came out to Arkansas with the Hydrick family, so there are probably other connects, or rather, marriages between these Henderson's and Hydrick's.I might have them in my records, but haven't search that out yet.Just wanted to let you know they came out to Arkansas together from South Carolina or Tennessee.
James H. or N. Hydrick (who served in the Civil War as a Confederate) is the son of John P. Hydrick, who was born 1810 in South Carolina, and died after 1860 in Arkansas.He married Elizabeth "Betsy", whom I don't have a surname for.Betsy was a full blooded Cherokee Indian.Did you know you have Indian blood? John P. Hydrick and Betsy had 12 children, with James being the 2nd born.
John P. Hydrick was the son of John Hydrick, born 1785, it is thought in Germany.He died in 1821 in Tennessee...before his family went on to Arkansas with the Henderson's.He married Mary B. "Polly", surname not certain, but I have a lead that I am looking into.Children of John Hydrick and Polly were:
1. John P. Hydrick, b: 1810, South Carolina.
2. Rebecca Hydrick, b: 1811, South Carolina, d: between 1847-1850.
3. William G.L. Hydrick, b: 1813, Tennessee; d: unknown
This birth of Wm. would show that John and Polly Hydrick left SC before 1813, and were in Tennessee by 1813 for birth of Wm, and still there in 1821 when John died.Somewhere I think I read that they were in Arkansas by 1823.
An Odessa Hydrick has written a whole book about this family.Have you seen the book "old Big Grandma"?I don't own a copy, only have a copy of a chapter, which you may find interesting.Also, a Dallas Harold Ellis has researched this family.He descends from Rebecca Hydrick, the daughter of John and Polly Hydrick.Some of the information I just gave you came from his records.I haven't communicated with him since Aug, 2000, but at that time his email was Zeppdat1@aol.comTell him I suggested you two connect.
Hope to hear from you. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ora Hydrick Smith