I'm looking to expand my Hynson line and was looking into what research had already been done.Everyone seems to agree that Thomas Hynson, husband of Grace, was born in about 1620 in England, married there, came to Maryland in 1651 with at least a couple of their children and died JAN 1667.(Some sources say 20 Jan, but that's when the administrators of his estate were established in court which was not very likely to be the very day he died!)
But, there are five options for his birthplace: 1. Fordham, Cambridgeshire, , England 2. Salisbury, Wiltshire, , England 3. Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, , England 4. Lordham, Salisbury, , England 5. Isle of Wight
And there are even more options for his parentage!!!
1. Richard Hynson (1575 - ) + Grace Dad would be a little old, but not too much, especially if Mom was a bit younger.
2. Richard Hynson (1575 - ) + Margaret Howard Ditto above.
3. John Hinson + Ann
4. John Hinson + Grace
5. Thomas Hynson (1591 - 1670) + Ann Anna Letchworth (1572 - ) This couple seems like the most wacky choice for various reasons, but it's the most popular. First, Thomas is 20 years younger than his wife.Accoding to the trees that support this view, Ann had her first child at 40 and Thomas Jr. at 48.One genealogy even has her having another child at age 90!Secondly, Thomas was 20 years younger than Ann and it's the only marriage anyone has for either of them.Now, if her birth year really should be 1592, then most of my objections disappear, but everyone has 1572.Of course, it could be one person's typo perpetuated through everyone else's tree.
6. John Hynson (1600 - 1638) + Rose Lilly (1590 - 1638) A 20-year-old man marrying a 30-year-old woman?(Thomas was born in about 1620-1621, so the marriage would have occured no later than 1619-1620.
7. William Hynson (1570 - ) + Unknown (1572 - ) The mother in this couple would be 48 when Thomas was born, so not real likely.