According to: The Genealogy of the Haynes Family, researched and written by Paulette Haynes, 1984 for the "Haynes Chronicle" Vol.2 #4 (revisions 1991, 2000 and 2002)
Richard Ingersoll married Ann (Agness) Langley 10 October 1611 at Sandy Parish (Bedfordshire) England. Their first child was baptized in December 1612 at Sandy Parish and four other children were baptized in Sutton Parish. Richard, Ann and their five children arrived in America at Plymouth, Massachusetts 15 May 1629 on board the ship "Mayflower". Two more children were born after their arrival in America. Richard Ingersoll brought letters of recommendation from William Craddock which were handed over to the Massachusetts Governor Endicott. Subsequently, Richard Ingersoll was granted 80 acres of land on the east side of the Wooleston River and a two acre Salem Town lot. At this town lot site he operated a ferry across the North River. He also leased the Townsend Bishop farm for a number of years and shortly before he died purchased jointly with his son-in-law, William Haynes, the Weston Grant in Salem Village.
Richard Ingersoll died before January 1644/1645, probably soon after making his will on 21 July 1644. His widow, Ann Ingersoll married John Knight, a "merchant sailor" of Newbury, Massachusetts. They are seen in records as living in Newbury where John Knight died in 1670 and Ann died in 1677.
In Richard Ingersoll's will written 21 July 1644, William Haynes was designated as a son-in-law and bequeathed a portion of property to be divided equally among a son (John Ingersoll) and another son-in-law (Richard Pettingall) on the condition if Richard Ingersoll's youngest son (Nathaniel Ingersoll) should die without issue. This condition became important later, when in fact, Nathaniel Ingersoll, the youngest son died without natural heirs in 1719.