Thomas & Agnes Irvin and at least 5 of their sons were early Russell Co settlers. Thomas married Agnes Shepherd prob. abt 1785 in Wilkes Co, NC.
The information posted below was extracted from: http://www.danielprophecy.com/itree.htmlhttp://www.danielprophecy.com/itree.html. In the website the name is spelled as found in records-Irvin or Irwin.
1. Francis Irwin (father of 2nd generation following; no information available)
1.Thomas Irwin (father of 3rd generation following)
Agnes Shepherd, born Feb. 8, 1775; died Mar. 18, 1856; married Thomas Irwin (d. Nov. 25, 1853 in Russell Co); Agness was a charter member of the Reddies River Baptist Church in Wilkes Co., NC. Thomas joined the church via experience on April 18, 1801 and was subsequently baptised in the cold, clear waters of Reddies River. Thomas, Agness and family removed to Russell Co., KY abt 1829. They made their home in the Fonthill area of Russell County on the waters of Goose Creek where they lived the rest of their lives. They were members of Friendship Baptist Church. Thomas and Agness are believed to be buried in the Irwin Family Cemetery near Friendship Baptist Church in Fonthill, KY. Thoas & Agnes had at least 13 known children. The family was enumerated on 1850 US Census Russell Co.
2. Francis Irwin (no information available)
3. Mary Irwin (no information available)
3rd Generation. The children of Thomas & Agnes were:
1. Elijah Irwin (no information available).
2. Thomas P. Irwin, owned land on Lewis Fork in Wilkes Co., NC; removed from Wilkes County abt. 1829 and was living in Buncombe Co., NC in 1830.
3. Alley Irwin, born Mar. 6, 1797 on Reddies River, Wilkes Co., NC; died June 28, 1879 in Wilkes Co., NC; married Larkin Shepherd (b. June 5, 1794, d. Feb. 17, 1849), Dec. 13, 1817;
4. Squire Irwin, born in Wilkes Co., NC; owned land on Lewis Fork in Wilkes Co., NC; removed to Russell Co., KY about 1829 where he purchased land on Caney Fork and lived there for at least 10 years. Enumerated on 1840 US Census Russell Co.
5. Nancy Isabelle Irwin, born ca. 1798 in Wilkes Co., NC; died Feb. 24, 1857 in Russell Co., KY; married John Thomas Jennings, Feb. 17, 1819 in Wilkes Co., NC; The couple moved to Ashe Co., NC for a short time before moving on to Adair Co., KY abt. 1820. For more information on this family, see the Descendants of John Thomas and Nancy Isabelle Irwin Jennings.
6. Andrew Irwin, born ca. 1799 in Wilkes Co., NC; married Lucy Wyatt, Aug. 19, 1828 in Wilkes Co., NC; Settled on Goose Creek in Russell Co., KY; Had eight known children.
Enumerated on 1840, 1850, 1870 US Census Russell Co.
7. William Irwin, born ca. 1800 in Wilkes Co., NC; died before 1824 in Wilkes Co., NC; did not marry.
8. Sally Irwin, born ca. 1803 in Wilkes Co., NC; died abt. 1831 in Wilkes Co., NC; married John Shepherd, Aug. 24, 1824; John and children moved to Kentucky abt. 1829.
9. Robert Irwin, born ca. 1810 in Wilkes Co., NC; died Dec. 20, 1872 in Russell Co., NC; married 1st Sally Lutteral, June 14, 1838 in Russell Co., KY; married 2nd Ann Vannoy, Sept. 6, 1853. Enumerated on 1850, 1860 US Census Russell Co.
10. Larkin Irwin, born ca. 1812 in Wilkes Co., NC; died during the 1840's leaving four small children: three boys and one girl. John McBeth of Russell Co., KY was appointed their guardian ca. 1847; married Margaret Paul, ca. 1832 in Russell Co., KY. Enumerated on 1840 US Census Russell Co.
11. Franklin Irwin/Irvin, born in Wilkes Co., NC; married 1st Elizabeth Spencer, ca. 1840 in Russell Co., KY; removed to Warrick Co, Indiana after the Civil War with seven of his eight children (Lucinda remained); married 2nd Mary Stewart. Enumerated on 1840, 1850, 1860 US Census Russell Co.
I am researching 10 above, Larkin Irvin. I am particularly interested in records verifying his marriage to Margaret Paul.