I am seeking information on JAMES J. JESSUP, born about 1824, in Monroe County or Bibb County GA, or MISSOURI F. (or J.) JONES, born abt 1841, in (Bibb County?) GA. They were my maternal Great Great Grandparents.
What I do know is as follows:
On 3 Jul 1862, in Bibb County, GA, JAMES J. JESSUP married MISSOURI F. (or J.) JONES. They produced 7 known children:
1. BARTOW S. (SANDERS ?) JESSUP, b-Oct 1860, in GA, wife LILY (maiden name unknown), daughter JULIA JESSUP
2. MAGGIE JESSUP, b-abt 1861, in GA, husband OSCAR SHAW
3. SARAH JULIA JESSUP, b-abt 1865, in GA, daughter FRANCES J. (JESSUP ?)
4. HENRIETTA JESSUP, b-29 Nov 1869, in GA, husband WILLIAM (WILL) FRANKLIN MARTIN, 9 children (See below). My maternal Great Grandmother.
5. MAMIE L. (LAURA ?) JESSUP, b-abt 1874, in GA
6. MARTHA JESSUP, b-abt 1878, in GA, 1st husband Unknown SPEAR, children RAY SPEAR and HERBERT SPEAR, 2nd husband Unknown ODOM, children FLORENCE ODOM, HILDA ODOM, and ROBERT ODOM
7. REBECCA (BECKY) JESSUP, b-abt 1880, in GA, husband ED GLASS, son T. E. GLASS
WILLIAM (WILL) FRANKLIN MARTIN and HENRIETTA JESSUP had 9 children. The 9 children were:
1. MARY JANE MARTIN, b-7 Sep 1892, in Forsyth, Monroe County, GA, husband ROBERT B. BRATTON, son ROBERT B. BRATTON, Jr.
2. BARTOW MARTIN, b-1 Jun 1895 in Forsyth, Monroe County, GA, d-13 Jul 1895, an infant.
3. MINNIE LEE MARTIN, b-11 Aug 1897, in Forsyth, Monroe County, GA
4. TROY SANDERS MARTIN, b-8 Oct 1898/1899, in Forsyth, Monroe County, GA or Houston County, GA, wife NEELEY BELLE AMERSON, 6 children. My maternal Grandfather.
5. NELLIE IRENE MARTIN, b-24 Nov 1901, in Bibb County, GA
6. OSCAR LEE MARTIN, b-9 May 1903, in Bibb County, GA, wife EVA (maiden name unknown). Lived and died in San Diego California area with only occasional visits to GA.
7. OLLIE MAE (MAY ?) MARTIN, b-2 Aug 1906, in Bibb County, GA, husband ARTHUR FOUNTAIN, children CLYDE FOUNTAIN, CULLEN FOUNTAIN, GENE (EUGENE ?) FOUNTAIN, MAMIE RAY FOUNTAIN, J. W. FOUNTAIN, SHIRLEY ANN FOUNTAIN
8. JULIA KATE MARTIN, b-31 Jan 1909, in Forsyth, Monroe County, GA, husband EARL EUGENE WILKES, children DOROTHY MAE (MAY ?) WILKES, LARRY KENNETH WILKES
9. BENNY (BENJAMIN ?) RAY MARTIN, b-14 Jun 1912, in Bibb County, GA, wife MILDREN WILKES WILDER, daughters MARTHA RAY MARTIN and GAIL MARTIN
I am most interested in discovering the names of JAMES J. JESSUP's and MISSOURI F. (or J.) JONES' parents, brother and sisters. I believe the JESSUPs may have been from North Carolina, but I have been unable to locate them there. Any information, no matter how small, would be very greatly appreciated. I am willing to share what I have.
4593 Lower Fayetteville Road
Sharpsburg, GA 30277