I am researching my 2nd great grandparents. Their names were Lars Johansson and Anna Britta. Lars was also known as Lars pa Tofta. The family farm was called Slamtomtomten, also known as Tofta.
Lars was born 1 Feb 1842 in Vastra Frolunda, Sweden. He died in 1927 in Sweden. He was a preacher and formed the first church..."missionshus pa Tofta in Vastra Frolunda" after 1875. About 20 years ago, there was a celebration honoring him and his church's 100th year anniversary. And, supposedly there is a statue of him.
Anna Britta was born in 2 Mar 1841, probably in Sweden. She died in 1932 in Sweden.
Their children were:
1) Donnen John Svel Elvan "Edwin" Johansson born 4 Sep 1867
2) Alma Emila Johansson born 13 Jul 1870
3) Helma Josefina Johansson born 21 Sep 1872. She emigrated to America between 1900-1920. She married Hans Peterson.
4) Gerda Axelina Johansson born 7 Jun 1876. She emigrated to Amrica between 1900-1920. She married Rudolph Aldridge/Aldrich.
5) Anna Britta Johansson born 14 Jan 1879. She emigrated to American between 1900-1910. She married Eric Johnson.
6) Anna Lorentina "Tina" Johansson born 14 Jan 1879. She emigrated to America between 1900-1920. She married John Edwin Olson.
7) Donnen Samuel Johansson born 12 Sep 1886
Many of the descendants still live in Vastra Frolunda.
If any one has information regarding this family, I would love to hear from you. I will gladly share information.