References to Samuel Baylas Keel taken from the book "Descendents of Jessee Shelton"--
Samuel Baylas Keel, b. about 1795/98 Tenn, lived in Bedford county in 1820 with 3 small sons under age 10, one daughter under 10, no wife, and his brother John Keel.This brother John died in 1831 in England, age 24. Samuel's second wife was Mary Ann.He had eight children listed on the 1830 Bedford county census, four sons and four daughters--the same number on the 1840 Coffee county census.In 1850 he was living in the 9th CD in Warren county.Names of all his children unknown.He had at least eleven children.
1. William A. Keel, b. 1817 Bedford county, married 1843 Lucinda ?, b. abt. 1826 TN, lived in 10th CD Warren county in 1850 with four children--Lindsey, Mary C., Evan M., and Martha A.
2. John Keel, b. 9/6/1818, m. Clarissa Hamby.
3. Abraham Keel, b. 10/5/1820, d. 1826
4. Samuel Baylas Keel, Jr., b. 10/3/1822, m. Sarah "Polly" ?, lived in 9th CD Warren county in 1850.
5. Female, b. about 1823
6. Susan Keel, b. 1825, m. Reuben Cates.
7. Male, b. about 1827
8. Martha Keel, b. 4/13/1829
9. Henry H. Keel, b. 5/25/1831, m. Claracy ?
10.Levi Keel, b. 1/5/1833, d. 1901, m. Elizabeth Warren.Their son, Samuel Baylas Keel, b. 2/27/1856 in Grundy county, TN, d. 7/1925 in Bryson, MO, m. Rebecca M. Barrow, b. 1865 in Cook County, Ill., d. 12/25/1927 in Bryson, MO.Their son was Roy Wilburn Keel, b. 9/30/1901 in Bryson, MO.
11.Sarah Jane Keel, b. 7/13/1835.
Hope this information helps you out.