ROTHROCK, KEEVER, McCLINTIC, KELLY, MYERS, WRIGHT, COWGER, SMOKER, ROSS, McGIRK
I am working on a huge ROTHROCK family tree.Anna ROTHROCK (1793-1864) married Robert KEEVER (1787-1867) in c1812 at Mifflin County, Pennsylvania.Anna and Robert are buried at the Tate Cemetery at Mifflin County.Does anyone know where the Tate Cemetery is located?Anna and Robert were the parents of eight known children:
1. Robert KEEVER (1813-1877) married 1) Mary KELLY (1816-1850) and then Susan J. ______ (1837-???).In 1860 Robert and Susan were living at Union Township, White County, Indiana with three children: Orlando (b. 1844 in PA), Anna (b. 1856 in IN) and Clara (b. 1858 in IN).I need to find the family on the 1850 (PA or IN?) census and the 1870 IN census.Robert died at White Co., Indiana.
2. Elizabeth KEEVER (1816-???) married Samuel McCLINTIC (1812-???) in Mifflin County, PA and moved to White Co., IN between 1846 and 1849.In 1850 the family was living at District No. 130, White County, IN with the parents and five children: SAMUEL K. (b. 1838), ROBERT J. (b. 1840), MARGARET A. (b. 1843), WILLIAM W. (b. 1846) and MARY C. (b. 1849).I need to find the family in the 1860 IN census (beware, White County was left off the 1860 Indiana census index!the book says it includes White County but there are no entries for the County).
3. John KEEVER (1813-1888) married Susan MYERS (1815-???).In 1860 the family (parents, Robert (b. 1840), Mary A. (b. 1843), George (b. 1850) and John (b. 1853) were living next door to John's parents in Mifflin County, Pennsylvania.They later moved to Kansas where John died.I need to find the family on the 1870 PA or KS census and the 1880 Kansas census.
4. George KEEVER (1821-1894) married Susan WRIGHT (1815-1897?) in c1838.The family moved to White Co., IN between 1854 and 1856.I need to find the family on the 1850 PA census.In 1860 the family (parents, Sarah Catherine (b. 1839, married James Otis WEAVER), George (b. 1844), Christy (b. 1846), Thomas (b. 1849), John (b. 1852), Robert (b. 1854), Wilson (b. 1856) and Susan Jane (b. 1858) were living at Union Township, White County, Indiana.In 1870 the family was still living there with some of the children including Samuel (b. 1864).Some records show that George married 2) Ruth COWGER.If this is true either George and Susan divorced (as George died 1894 and Susan 1897; or the death dates of George or Susan are incorrect.
5. Margaret M. KEEVER (1823-1899) married Felix Garver SMOKER (1821-1887) in 1844.They lived their lives in Mifflin County, Pennsylvania and were the parents of 12 children.
6. Asenath KEEVER (???-???) married a Mr. ROSS.Did they stay in Pennsylvania?
7. Mary Ann KEEVER (1827-???) was living with her parents in 1860.Did she ever marry?
8. William KEEVER (???-???) married Nancy McGIRK and is said to have died at Mifflin County, Pennsylvania.
The order of birth of Asenath and William is uncertain.In 1860 the parents, along with unmarried daughter Mary, were living at Derry Township, Mifflin County, Pennsylvania.Robert was the son of John KEEVER (1746-1814) and Margaret MEANS (1748-1825).
Please contact me to trade information, Dan_Stevenson@sparta.com