The children of Wiley Kemp and Harriet Hawkins were:
1) Richard M Kemp was born abt 1826 in South Carolina, and died 13 Oct 1864 in Near Rome , GA, while serving with the 3rd Arkansas Cavalry. He married Elizabeth Jane Cox Robinson 20 Aug 1859 in Conway Co, AR. She was born abt 1827 in Kentucky.
2) Martha Kemp was born abt 1827 in South Carolina, and died Aft 1880. She married John L Fleming. He was born abt 1829 in South Carolina. She married Neal McDade. He was born abt 1800 in South Carolina.
3) Jesse Kemp was born 28 Nov 1828 in South Carolina, and died 12 Mar 1865. He married Sarah Wilson. She was born 5 Jun 1830 in South Carolina, and died 22 Dec 1908 in South Carolina.
4) Leonard D Kemp was born abt 1831 in South Carolina, and died 23 Jun 1862 in South Carolina. He married Sarah. She was born 1844 in South Carolina.
5) Elizabeth Jane Kemp was born 28 Feb 1833 in South Carolina, and died 16 Dec 1909 in Greenville Co, SC. She married David L Vaughn 1857. He was born 15 Apr 1834 in GA, and died 1 Nov 1910 in Greenville Co, SC.
6) John L Kemp was born abt 1837 in South Carolina, and died 2 Oct 1861 in Virginia.
7) James H Kemp was born abt 1840 in South Carolina, and died 1862.
8) Harriett M Kemp was born 28 Nov 1844 in South Carolina, and died 14 Jul 1905 in Greenville Co , South Carolina. She married Hugh B Divver. He was born 30 Oct 1843 in South Carolina, and died 4 Mar 1916 in Greenville Co, South Carolina.
9) Wyatt H Kemp was born abt 1845 in South Carolina, and died 8 Sep 1864.
The children have been identified as follows. All living children of Wiley Kemp and Harriet Hawkins were named in the final settlement of the Estate of Jesse Hawkins dated 25 Apr 1856. Those children were identified as:
1) J L Fleming and wife ( Martha Kemp)
2) Leonard D Kemp
3) Richard M Kemp
4) Elizabeth J Kemp
5) Jesse Kemp
6) James Kemp, a minor child
7) John Kemp, a minor child
8) Wyatt Kemp, a minor child
9) Harriett Kemp, a minor child
That document proves John L Kemp was under 21 years of age in 1856, and was the John shown on Wiley Kemp's 1850 census. John L Kemp is stated to have died 2 Oct 1861 in the Probate of his Estate initiated by his father Wiley Kemp on 19 Oct 1861. Because John had no children, his heirs are his father, siblings, and their heirs. Those heirs living on 6 Oct 1862 are identified in a subsequent filing as:
1) Wiley Kemp, father
2) Jesse Kemp of Virginia
3) Richard Kemp of Arkansas
4) Wyatt H Kemp of Virginia
5) Patsey Fleming of Greenville
6) Harriett M Kemp of Greenville
7) a minor child of Leonard Kemp
8) Elizabeth Vaughn of South Carolina
The living heirs of Wiley Kemp are named in his Will dated 12 Aug 1868. Those named are:
1) Daughter Martha Kemp McDade and her children Caroline and Wiley D Fleming
2) Daughter Martha's son Elias A Fleming
3) Daughter Harriett M Kemp
4) Daughter Elizabeth J Vaughn
5) Granddaughter Lou Arka Kemp (orphaned daughter of Jesse Kemp)
6) Grandson Richard James Wiley Kemp (orphaned son of Richard M Kemp)