If anyone can add anything to this family group, or knows of living descendants, please write. Thanks.
James Pinckney Kennard B. 27 Nov. 1803, Wmson Co., TN. D. 3 May 1873, Livingston, Sumter, AL.
Married #1 Nancy Jane Ogilvie 12-15 Dec 1827Williamson Co., TN
B. ca. 1805, D. 15 July 1830, (Thurs. eve), Livingston, Sumter, AL, complications of childbirth
1. Smith O. b. 23 Sept 1828, Greene Co., AL; D. 9 Oct 1854, Sumter Co., AL.
2. Nancy D. b. July 1830; d. 1843, Sumter, AL.
Married #2: Minerva Ann Harland on 13 Aug 1832, Hardeman, TN.
B: 18 Feb. 1812, (GA?), D: 6 Apr. 1843, Livingston, Sumter, AL
3. Thomas Albertca. 1832 - 8 Mar 1873,died aged 41, Livingston, AL
Ma. 21 Aug. 1854, Sumter, AL, to Mary Jane Lowry b. ca. 1831 & d.
between mid 1870 & July 1873, dau. of Vernal Lowry (NC) & Prudence (Harris)
4. William Rufus Kennard, M.D. b. 29 Sep. 1834, Sumter, AL; D. 16 Sep. 1902, Rockdale, Milam, TX.
Ma: 27 Aug. 1861, Mt. Pleasant, Miller Co., to Josephine Levonia (Josie) Dixon, b. 26 Jul. 1840, Rocky Mt., Miller, MO., d. 13 Oct. 1919, Rockdale, Milam, TX, (d/o William P. Dixon & Nancy Minerva Wilkes)
Removed to Milam, TX, 1871. CSA as surgeon in Missouri.
5. James Pinckney Kennard b. 8 Aug 1836, d. 12 Apr. 1843, Livingston, AL
6. Sarah Kennard b. 18 Feb. 1842; D. 6 Apr. 1901, Longview, Gregg, TX, (1900 TX census) home of dau., Kate K. Mottley, w/o James Mottley.
Married 5 Nov. 1858, Sumter, AL, to Dr. Michael Claiborne Kinnard b. 30 Nov. 1831, TN, d. 12 Sep. 1878, Livingston, Sumter, AL.
7. Ann Kennard B. 16 Apr. 1839, D. 11 Mar. 1891, Bu. Myrtlewood Cem., Livingston, AL.
Married #1: 25 Feb. 1857, Sumter, to Christopher Shelby McConnico (CSA?) b. Aug. 1821 AL, d. 1868, Sumter, Attorney at law), He married 1st to Jacqueline S. ---, d. 1853, Sumter, 1child, Maggie, who died.
Children: James Kennard, Garner M., Chris. S., Benjamin L.
Ma.#2 8 June 1871, Sumter to Robert S. Mason B: 27 Aug. 1840, d. 6 June 1923, CSA, Gen. Jeb Stuart's Cavalry. (s/o Robert John Mason 1815-1899 & Sarah A., 9/1818-1907)
At least 6 children; he remarried after Ann died.
JP Kennard married #3 26 June 1844 Sumter Co., AL to Amanda Phillips Ennis, B. 17 Feb. 1812, Edgecombe Co., NC, D. 24 Aug. 1870, Livingston, Sumter, AL; (widow of Joshua Bentley Ennis, b. NC, son of James T. Ennis & Clarissa Bentley of NC.) Amanda's Parents: David Phillips, b. ca. 1780 Gates, NC, d. 8 Sep. 1828, Edgecombe, NC &Eliz. Wilkins b. ca. 1790, Norfolk, VA., d. 12 Apr. 1856, Edgecombe.
She was one of twins, & Amalvina, who ma. William Edwards
1. Johnb. 1845 Livingston. D.? Married 16 Aug. 1870, Cuba, Sumter, AL to Sallie J. Burton (Apr. 1845- Oct. 1872)
2. Nathaniel1847; ma. Pattie C. Johnson.
3. Bettie b. June 1852, died 8 Nov 1856. Bu. Livingston, Sumter, AL.
Lastly JP married 4th to Martha Low(e) November 28, 1872, Sumter, AL, and no children known. Was this Martha A. Spraggins Lowe, w/o Emberson Lowe, bro. of Louiza Lowe ma. to John Kennard? Emberson died before 1850.
Low family record. VIP! check children.
1850 census Sumter AL, Louisa 36, Ga, widow of John Kennard, was listed with her children, Wm. 19, Ledotia A. 17, Sophrenia Kennard 13, & Ezrin Flowers 17, with Giles Joyner, 34, b. NC.
His prob. brother, John M. Kennard (Apr. 1807-Apr. 1843, Sumter) m. Louisa Low(e) in 1829, Greene Co., AL. She dau. of William B. Lowe b. ca 1788, d. 1843, Sumter, AL.
John M. Kennard in 1837 lived in the same section as Wm. B. Low in Greene Co., AL. 1840 census had 6 children with him, and 1 older male. Same page as JP.
His brother, Ingram B., D. 15 Sep. 1849, Sumter, married to Mary Ann Lancaster, dau. of Benj. Lancaster, 1842, Sumter. She remarried Wm. B. Merriman.
This may be Nancy Ogilvie's family--note the name of her father....Smith O.