Thanks so much for all of the additional info about this family.You asked about the Martin KARSTETTER of my query??He is the younger brother of my ancestor, David KARSTETTER b.1831 Crawford Co Ohio - d.1909 Randolph Co Illinois.I have been researching for many years trying to find their parents, John KARSTETTER b.abt 1790 Pa & wife Barbara [?] and learn how they fit into the greater KERSTETTER lineage.AARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!
They moved to Crawford County Ohio abt 1830 .... and then to Randolph County, Illinois by 1838.[John KARSTETTER b.abt 1790 Pa .. moved to central Ohio .. there are quite a few of them!!!!AND doesn't it sound alot like your ancestor toooooooo..?? ]So I do alot of negative-type research trying to eliminate and identify those early Ohio KERSTETTERs etc.I try to put brothers and cousins together ..trying to see exactly where these people came from and where they & their descendents moved on to later.
My David stayed in southern Illinois, but brothers, Samuel and William went to Texas abt 1875.Then, brother Martin moved his family to Labette County, Kansas by 1880 .. a location that already had some KERSTETTERs etc.Are my CARSTETTER, CASTATOR, CASTETTER, KARSTETTER, KERSTETTERs closely related to the other Kansas - Illinois - Ohio lines..?
I am pretty sure that we are not descended from the Joh.Leonard KERSTETTER who died in Stark County Ohio abt 1822.But that Leonard and his cousin Adam were both in the Military [Rev War]and both spent time in Ohio during their war service.They would have qualified for land for their military service.Leonard's family has had a lot of research ... Adam's has not.
Johannes John KARSTETTER (b.1790/1800-Pa;d.Jul 1848-RandolphCo,Ill)
sp: Barbara [?] (b.1800-Pa;m.Abt 1823;d.Apr 1855-RandolphCo,Ill)
1. Elizabeth KARSTETTER (b.22 Nov 1824-Pa;d.Abt 1854-RandolphCo,Ill)
..sp: Adam EVANS (b.1818-Pa;m.17 Sep 1846)
2. Susannah KARSTETTER (b.27 Jun 1825-Pa;d.1840/1848-RandolphCo,Ill)
3. Katherine KARSTETTER (b.9 Mar 1829-Pa;d.1869/1870-RandolphCo,Ill)
..sp: Aaron B.SYKES (b.4 Nov 1838-RandolphCo,Ill;m.22 Apr 1858;d.27 Apr 1868-RandolphCo,Ill)
4. Samuel KARSTETTER (b.18 Feb 1830-Liberty,Crawford,Ohio;d.25 Mar 1901-Vashti,Clay,Tx)
..sp#1: Martha STIPE (b.12 Nov 1833-PrebleCo,Oh;m.9 Jan 1853;d.12 Oct 1868/69-RandolphCo,Ill)
..sp#2: Julia/Juliet LABRIER (b.19 Dec 1849-RandolphCo,Ill;m.10 Oct 1869;d.3 Feb 1934-ClayCo,Tx)
5. David KARSTETTER (b.16 Apr 1831-Liberty,Crawford,Oh;d.4 Apr 1909-Walsh,Randolph,Ill)
..sp#1: Jane TAGGART (b.18 Nov 1827-RandolphCo,Ill;m.27 Jan 1857;d.8 Feb 1858-childbed fever,RCI)
..sp#2: Louise Chapman MARLEN (b.14 Mar 1818-Newberry,SC;m.1 Dec 1858;d.29 Jan 1886-RandolphCo,Ill)
6. Sylvina KARSTETTER (b.17 Mar 1833-Liberty,Crawford,Oh;d.1887-,RandolphCo,Ill)
..sp: Amos TAGGART (b.Sep 1825-Ala;m.15 May 1855;d.1906-RandolphCo,Ill)
7. Martin KARSTETTER (b.13 Mar 1835-Liberty,Crawford,Oh;d.1880/1899-Labette,Ks)
..sp: Jane NIXON (b.Jun 1841-RandolphCo,Ill;m.25 May 1859;d.aft 1920 Oswego,Labette,Ks)
8. William KARSTETTER (b.14 Nov 1836-Liberty twp,CrawfordCo,Oh;d.4 Dec 1897-ClayCo,Tx