1. Martha Powers m Robert Cunningham 1851 in WCV s/o Joseph and Lucinda Gobble.Robert's first wife was Malinda Caylor/Kaylor.
2. Peter Powers m Sarah Powers WCV 1853.
Note:Per will of William Todd 1849 WCV mentioning Catherine Powers, Virginia Powers, and Sarah Powers. Virginia Powers married Robert Fleenor listing parents as Catherine Powers and William Todd WCV.Sarah's marriage record was before Parents required.Catherine Powers was listed with Virginia Powers and Robert Fleenor in the 1870 census as "Retired housekeeper." Speculation, Catherine was d/o Peter Powers (b 1765)and Elizabeth (Wythe/Grayson, Russell, WCV)and sister to Henry Powers.
3. John Powers never married. Noted idiotic 1870 and 1880.
4. Elizabeth Powers married Silas Short WVC lived Johnson KY.
5. Catherine Powers married as 2nd wife 1864 to Thomas Jefferson Musick, son of Ephriam Musick and Elizabeth Blackburn.WCV
6. Abner Powers married Elizabeth Davenport WCV d/o Jackson Davenport and Francis Hall.Abner died apx 1878 and "Bette" Powers married Joel Lilly s/o Henry and M LillyWCV.
We know this is Abner's widow because of daughter Francis Powers listed in the 1870 census and 1880 census in both families.
Do you have any idea why the marriage certificate listed Elizabeth Davenport Powers as the daughter of John Kestner?
7. Sarah Powers married 1) Martin Gobble divorced.
8. Mary Powers b apx 1851....no further information
9. Henry Powers b apx 1853 may be the Henry that died Jan 1870 or Henry Dolpher Powers who married Nancy Cayler, d/o George Caylor and Martha Gobble WCV 1881.
Children of David A Powers and Susan Lilly
1.Henry Powers (May be the Henry Powers died Jan 1870 in WCV listed as son of Henry and Sally Powers since their Henry was listed as living in the Summer census of 1870). One of these Henry's married as "Dolpher" Powers to Nancy Cayler to Texas MO in WCV 1880's.
2. Hardy Powers married 1) Julia Musick d/o Ephriam and Elizabeth Musick Johnson, KY 1868 and 2) Margaret Ferren/Foran d/o David Ferren WCV 1874. Hardy died apx 1878 and Margaret married 2) Ephriam Helton
3. Margaret Powers married Charles H Musick Johnson KY, s/o Michael Musick and Mary Crabtree.
4. Cretia (Lucretia) Powers married Francis Hurt Johnson KY.
5. Sarah Powers married Samuel Jefferson Collins in Johnson KY.
6. David Powers was not located after the 1870 Floyd KY census.
7. Susan Powers married James K Polk Musick 1873 Johnson KY, s/o Mary Musick. James K was grandson of John Musick and Isabella Harris.
8. Mary Powers was still single in 1880 census.Have not located after that census. No marriage records found.
9. John B Powers of "Martin, KY" married Adeline Herndon 1881 WCV.
10. George W Powers married Manerva Gobble d/o John M Gobble and Mary Jane Perry Johnson KY.
Will discuss more further including the Elder Peter Powers and Mary Hall 1827 WCV etc. if you e-mail me.
Most of this confusion arises from the family listed as Bowers in the 1850 census with no ages, possible marriages in Russell VA pre 1850, the families jumping back and forth to KY, and illiteracy until the 1880's.