From:The Descendants of Nathaniel & John McCarroll, 2nd Edition.
Elihu L. Davis, born in Lawrence County, Arkansas in 1864, diedof a heart attack while visiting relatives in Portia, Arkansas sometime after February 7, 1935.He was married in Lawrence County, Arkansas on May 12, 1885, to Amanda Ketner, born in Denton, Arkansas and died in Wewoka, Oklahoma. They moved from Lawrence County, Arkansas to Tuttle, Indian Territory, Oklahoma in about 1900, and the 1910 Census shows that there were nine children born to them with eight living at that time. Elihu was living in Tuttle when his mother and father died on January 23, 1907, and in Wewoka, Oklahoma on February 7, 1935, when his sister Rhoda Pettyjohn died. The children shown on the 1910 Census were:
A. Estella Davis, born in 1886 in Black Rock, Arkansas. (Not in the original text)
B. Ovella D. Davis born February 2, 1888 in Black Rock, ArkansasOvella marriedGeorge Alexander Ketner born on January 14, 1879. (Not in the original text)
C. Millard Davis, age 20, single, born in Arkansas.
D. Ellie Davis, age 16, single, born in Arkansas.
E. Treadway Davis, age 11, single, born in Arkansas.
G. James Davis, age 9, single, born in Oklahoma.
H. Dee Davis, age 7, single, born in Oklahoma.
I. Frank C. Davis, age 5, single, born in Oklahoma.
Update:Abstracts of Johnson Funeral Home Records:Elihu L. Davis: white/male/widowed; of Wewoka, Okla; retired Peace Officer; died 18 Aug 1941 at 4 PM in Portia, Ark; at age 78 yrs, 1 mo, 20 days, of cerebral hemorrhage; born 28 Jun 1863 in Lawrence County, Ark.; father, Jim Davis, born in Tenn.; mother's maiden name, Mary McCarroll; wife, Amanda Davis; informant, J. C. Davis of Wewoka, Okla; funeral 22 Aug 1941 at 2:30 PM at the Nazarene Church in Wewoka, Okla; burial 22 Aug 1941 in Oakwood Cemetery, Wewoka, Okla; clergyman, Rev. J. James; order given by son, Jim C. Davis, 212 E. 3rd St., Wewoka, Okla.; also mentions J. D. Davis, of Wewoka, Okla. and D. D. Davis, Box 101, Wewoka, Okla.; mentions Eva (Mrs. N. R. Hughey) and Mrs. J. F. Arnold.
1. Ovella Davis and George Ketner were first cousins.George was a grandson of Daniel and Catherine Ketner.
2. Family History:Millard Mansfield Davis, born October 24, 1889, married Neva Potter on February 5, 1908 in Seminole County, Oklahoma.
3. 1910 Census:Eva Davis, born in 1892 in Black Rock, Arkansas.
4. 1910 Census:James was born in 1901 in Grady County, Oklahoma.Elihu’s obituary shows him as Jim C. Davis.
5. 1910 Census:David D. Davis was born in 1903 in Grady County, Oklahoma.
6. 1910 Census:His name was Frank Carl Davis, born in 1907 in Grady County, Oklahoma.