The dedication of a new historical marker at Elmont, Virginia took place November 22, 2002 recognizing the muster of the cavalry force that, lead by Gen. J.E.B. Stuart, made an eighty mile circuit of Gen. George B. McClelland's Army of the Potomac from June 12 to June 16, 1862. The former name of Elmont was Kilby Station. This was the Kilby who served with Capt. John Paul Jones in his hist-oric naval battle.
A stanza from a poem written for the occasion went thus: "From a station called Kilby's Since forgotten and gone Cross the rails out of Richmond And into the dawn." ......Steven Conley