1783 Tax Assessment, MD, Talbot: Margaret Higgs, Pattingham 100 a; Skinners Swineyard & Scaggs springs 233 a. Skinners Swineyard 200 a. (pat. 1694 by Andrew Skinner) also adjoined Dundee. Both tracts seem to have gotten incorporated into other land/s and so disappear from the records. Maybe they became part of Big and Little Dundee.
Big and Little Dundee seem to have stemmed from the division of Dundee in John Kinnamont's will 30 Aug 1687, pr 18 S 1688: "to sons Patrick & Joseph, & to unborn child if male, Dundee"
Benjamin Kinnimont on 4 Aug 1718 left "to his 2 sisters-in-law, Margaret Horney & Katherine Willson, relicts of his brothers Joseph & Francis Kinnimont, deceased - gift of love - part of Dundee, divided by a great branch called Higgses Branch [could betray that Higg's land was being referred to, now part of Dundee? - & this could be the branch for which the culvert was put under Todds Corner Road - yet Margaret Higgs held the lands in 1783], until his nephews, Samuel, Andrew and Joseph Kinnimont, sons of his brothers Joseph and Francis shall arrive at age 21." [per Matt's chart 1, p 32, Joseph was the father of Samuel & Andrew; Francis was the father of Joseph.
In 1783, thirds of Dundee are held by: Jeremiah Garland 133 1/3 a. for Kinnamont's heirs Jeremiah Garland Dundee, pt, 133 1/3 a. Edward Lloyd Dundee, pt, 133 1/3 a. [acquired by purchase] [Is Jeremiah Garland the husband of a Kinnamont who was heir to 1/3 of Dundee?]
It is conceivable that these thirds became Big and Little Dundee, Little Dundee being the third that Edward Lloyd held, which would have been the northernmost third. At some point Margaret Higgs' Pattingham & Skinners Swineyard could have also become incorporated into Dundee. Pattingham and Skinners Swineyard may have been what are shown on the Sep 1936 plat/map of "Dundee Reserved Woodland" next to "Dundee Wodland" [both north of Dundee] for Milton Campbell. It that case, Higg's Branch could have begun on one of these tracts and run through Dundee to Church Creek which ran into Miles River. This may be the creek the runs under Todds Corner Road and beside which Dundee Chapel seems to have been located.
According to an Index prepared by David Ireland from Talbot Co Tax Rolls [MS in Talbot Co Public Library, Easton]:
John Kinnemon(t) patented: Fenty 100 a 23 Jul 1663 Bennett Hill 50 a 26 Jul 1663 Dundee 400 a 12 Oct 1675 The Addition 50 a 29 Jun 1667 Hopewell 80 a 22 May 1683 Fools Paradise 50 a 7 May 1665
Andrew Kinnemon [s/o John]: Kinnemont's Delight 168a 24 Nov 1694